Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Racey spd shoes for skinny feet
  • c_klein87

I’m trying to get a new set of spd shoes, normallay use specialized bg comp pro but have to wear thick socks, tried sidi dominator 5’s and they are also loose without thick socks, any recommendations? budget unto 170 maybe 200. thanks

jonathan
    Free Member

Have you tried reducing the volume with a footbed/insole rather than the socks?

leggyblonde
    Free Member

I have skinny feet and like shimano road and MTB shoes.

M310 with custom moulding are meant to be amazing and can be found under £200

blades2000
    Free Member

I have the Shimano with custom fit for road and MTB really like them. I have skinny feet to go with my skinny body.

binners

In contrast to leggyblonde – I have far-from-skinny feet and I hate Shimano shoes as they’re far too narrow

mjsmke

I have very wide square feet and struggle to find spd shoes. I even struggle to find normal shoes. For example , Vans, DC’s, DM’s, Cats are all too narrow. I’d do anything to have narrow feet. My current spd shoes are 1.5 inches too long just to get the width but I’ve been use to this for about 14 years.

GaryLake
    Free Member

If you buy new, Lake and Gaerne come up pretty narrow.

GaryLake
    Free Member

mjsmke: out of interest have tried Bontrager?

TiRed

D width size 44 here and I wear Shimano road and off-road with an insole. I have some Sidi winter boots in a 45, but they come up wider than their normal shoes and I always wear thicker socks with them.

I struggle to find good fitting shoes to be honest. I’ve never found a shoe that was too narrow.

lucien

Sidi’s IMHO or Time shoes are super tight (so much so, I had to chuck ’em away)

c_klein87

i’m going to try shimano as i have a custom fit place near by. i just find that to get them tight (when wearing thin summer socks) across lower part of the shoe the velco straps are pulled to their limits, even then i find i get movement

rootes1

shimano are def lower volume

Janesy
    Free Member

Mavic shoes?

stufield
    Free Member

These: Giro Shoes 50% off they come with 4 inserts to get perfect fit, very strong carbon soles and are lovely and comfy.

njee20
    Free Member

S-Works? Apparently a different last to the others, and the Boa closure means you can nip them up far more.

They’re awesome shoes too!

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

these are very narrow! i tried them on and i was unable to fit my foot in!! http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bontrager/rl-mountain-bike-shoe-ec028020?query=bonteranger

rootes1

S-Works? Apparently a different last to the others, and the Boa closure means you can nip them up far more.

They’re awesome shoes too!

That right? might try some as have found other Big S shoes hare big in volume and can not tighten them up enough.

mjsmke

GaryLake: Ive not tried Bontrager shoes. Do they come up wide?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Racey spd shoes for skinny feet’ is closed to new replies.