Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Races and events in the North West (Chorley area)
  • jonba
    Free Member

I’m likely to be making more trips down to the Northwest this year. Chorley area.

Not having lived there for a long time I have no idea of any races or events that take place. I might enter a few road races but was also looking for Gravel/CX/Mountain bike.

Anything I should look out for. I never made it to Hit the North but things like that would appeal. I tend to be more comfortable in lycra than pyjamas so not really interested in Enduro, more marathon XC. Have a few plans to just go ride but I like a race.

Would consider things on the way from Newcastle too as long as they aren’t massively out o the way. A69/M6 or M1,62 makes no odds.

mick_r

NWCCA is a great CX league over winter.

Midweek Madness races – usually 3 or 4 over summer.

Nutcracker MTB usually North Yorkshire ish (maybe – nothing confirmed yet).

Crank-it MTB XC in Lakes and NW.

There is an XC race in Whinlatter 1st weekend in March.

Also a few duathlons etc. Not sure of Marathon.

Santaslittlehelper
    Free Member

Midweek Mtb Madness races during May/June are held around Manchester/Bolton area and are pretty popular.

Numerous road race series held at Salt Ayre circuit near Morecambe.

mick_r

Oh yeah, road circuit at Preston (UCLan) and good on-road chaingang from there on a Saturday morning. There used to be a week night chain gang round Rivington – not sure if that still exists.

Loads of informal groups out night MTB in the week.

Road circuits also at Pendle, Tameside and Liverpool. And velodrome in Manchester….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Races and events in the North West (Chorley area)’ is closed to new replies.