Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Raceface turbine wheels
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

As title, anybody using them?. Any issues etc?.

batman11
    Free Member

Nope good solid wheel, reasonable weight stiff enough and I’m a big chap too.
    Only really reason I changed them was I got a unmissable deal on some hope enduro wheels from my lbs and I’m a serial frame m
    I’ve got mine sat here if you want a cheep set in good condition.
    Bats.

rs
    Free Member

decent wheels, way lighter than the stock wheels that came on my troy, they feel stiff enough, not super wide, but my 2.3 minions are fine on them tubeless and mid 20’s PSI.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

cheap at RCZ, I’m sure there is a discount code as well, they have a code for everything

http://www.rczbikeshop.co.uk/uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=raceface+wheels

bigbloke
    Free Member

Cheaper at crc too

eltonerino
    Free Member

Got a set with my bird zero. Without weighing them, they are lighter than my old wheels and less twangy too. (Old wheels were OEM on a £400 Saracen mantra).

The only concern I have is the “proprietary bearings”. I’ve not had to touch them yet, but that would put me off of I was buying them separately.

benpinnick

The bearings fitted at the factory might be proprietary in some way, but they are a standard size so easily replaced.

razorrazoo

I have a set which came on my zesty. Still run true after a year’s mixed riding. The rims are on the narrow side compared fo some of the alternatives, but I have 2.35 Hans Dampfs on them and the tyre profile is fine. Rear hub is quiet too, which is wired after being on hope hubs for so long.

rs
    Free Member

rear hub on mine is not quiet, it makes nice little ticky sounds, not loud like some other hubs, but a low volume tick tick tick….

sprocker
    Free Member

I have a set 200 quid brand new with a set of nibble nics on

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Raceface turbine wheels’ is closed to new replies.