• This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by poah.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Raceface turbine dropper post – anyone got one yet?
  • julzm
    Free Member

I really want a dropper post with a 150mm drop so I can get my seat further down towards the frame. Currently my reverb sits out of the seatpost by at least 3 inches (before the reverb collar). The bikes is a 30.9 so the new Raceface one looks like my only option.

However, I’m not sure about the cable actuated function having always used reverbs.

Has anyone actually used one of the new turbine dropper posts yet? Thoughts on how it works? Will I regret paying £315 for something that is not as good as a reverb?

transporter13
    Free Member

Ks lev do 150 drop in a 30.9 size 😉

pinetree
    Free Member

I’ve got one, in exactly the same measurements you’re after.
    Only used it a handful of times, but it seems to work very well. It’s a piece of piss to set up too.

Having used a thomson covert, then this, I’m not sure I would ever go back to a hydraulic post now.

rickon
    Free Member

Giant do a Contact SL post in 30.9 and 150 drop for £150. H2bike sell them from their Giant store direct.

julzm
    Free Member

Rickon – my kids have the giant contact posts. Don’t like them
    Cheers anyway.

julzm
    Free Member

Pine tree thanks exactly what I wanted to hear.

woodster

The Turbine uses a licensed version of 9point8′ Fall Line mechanism and given the rave reviews that gets, then I’m sure I’d sooner go for the original

Nominated for component of the year on Pinkbike

pinetree
    Free Member

Is anyone in the UK importing those 9point8 posts? I’ve not seen anyone selling em in this country.

That would be the thing to put me off ie. If anything were to go wrong with it, you’d be pretty scuppered without anyone to send it back to.
    Well, you could send it back to Canada, I suppose. Pain in the ass though…

superfli
    Free Member

Apparently Shore Lines will be, but website hasnt got any info yet.

mboy
    Free Member

Fitted one of these Turbines to a customer’s bike the other day. Initial impressions are that it seems well made, it was fairly easy to setup (though follow the instructions closely) not that I’ve ever had any issues bleeding a Reverb mind, and it seems pretty light for what it is. Reminiscent of a Specialized Command Post but with a proper inline Thomson-esque 2 bolt clamp rather than the crappy Specialized’s layback affair…

It returns just as fast as the Spesh does too though, so a word of warning for anyone used to Reverbs and their hydraulic action with the ability to control the speed of return… Make sure you’re stood up all the way before you hit the lever if you value your plums! 😯

poah
    Free Member

Make sure you’re stood up all the way before you hit the lever if you value your plums

not a problem for julz lol

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Raceface turbine dropper post – anyone got one yet?’ is closed to new replies.