Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Raceface Turbine Crank / Chainset 'wobble'
  • razorrazoo

My RF Turbine cranks developed some play last night, I can rock them from side to side (probably about 1mm play) via the arms on both drive & none drive side.

Trailside check revealed the 8mm allen key fixing appearing to be tight so the play is coming from somewhere within.

The BB is a Shimano BB71 (press fit) – is this likely to be a BB bearing (not had a press fit BB before), or is there something more sinister at play? Not sure how to check if the bearings are shot without getting the BB pulled out and replaced (if it was an external I’d just do this myself as easy but being press fit is a shop job and a bit of a pain). No horrible sounds to indicate bearings on their way out beforehand.

I know I’m going to need to pull apart, but any ideas as to what to look for beforehand appreciated.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Did you use the right amount of spacers and bottom out the 8mm allen bolt when tightening it all up?

andybrad

bearing

razorrazoo

All kit is the original factory spec. Not changed it since I’ve had the bike (from new), only time its been off is when I swapped it to 1X on the front which was before it was ridden, no problems previously, didn’t happen immediately after doing a drop/jump either.

Checked specs and it’s a Shimano BB and not a RF one (Lapierre component specs are very mix & match)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Raceface Turbine Crank / Chainset 'wobble'’ is closed to new replies.