Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Raceface Ride dh chainset – help reqd please!
  • bigthunder
    Free Member

Went out on my bike today and my pedal wasnt right. Turns out that the crank fitting thread is stripped. LBS cant rethread coz its really knacked so Im after a new chainset. Its a shimano slx Im replacing.
    Does anyone have any experience of the raceface ride dh? Seems OK with decent reviews and a good price at 60quid. Will it work fine with an Xt front mech and is there anything else I need to know before I order it? Many thanks for helping.

bigthunder
    Free Member

Or do I get a s/h xtr m 960? Same price.

Northwind

M960 needs funny sized rings. I’ve got a set of Hones for sale, if you’re interested, would be about £25 if you can collect.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thegman67

I have use ride dh on my reignx1 never had problems with them and they have been battered between uplift days,Fort Bill and all the trail centers and i am a heavy guy

bigthunder
    Free Member

Thanks nw. Might take ya up on that later but for now I need to replace the whole chainset and crankarms. Damn,damn and damn again. What dya reckon between the raceface and the xtr? Cant decide….

bigthunder
    Free Member

Thanks gman. Im heavy as well 17stone. But toned yknow. Got a 12pack.

bigthunder
    Free Member

bollox. ride dh now sold out on crc. any thoughts on fsa gravity light? 60quid mixed reviews.

GW
    Free Member

get a shimano chainset, FSA and most of the other alternatives are pish

GW
    Free Member

Ps. what are you calling the “crank fitting thread”?
    if just it’s the pre-load threads on the L/H arm I’ll have your SLX cranks off you.

bigthunder
    Free Member

its the threads where the pedal screws into on the chain side arm. ie the one that cant be replaced easily. shimano would be nice but too pricey just now. I would buy slx again if I could afford it but even 60quid is a bit much the now. Might just get a bikestaion triple.

GW
    Free Member

get S/H saints. £40-60 and bomb proof

bigthunder
    Free Member

Northwind is it the 3 rings you have for sale? This could be promising.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

bigthunder – Member

its the threads where the pedal screws into on the chain side arm. ie the one that cant be replaced easily.

Can be helicoiled but not worth it unless its an expensive crankset

Northwind

Bigthunder, was just the arms at that price but I think I could probably put together a set of rings- all worn, but replaced before they were dead since I switched to doubles. Don’t have spare bolts, though, but then your old one’d worn. Leave it with me, I’ll see what I can find.

bigthunder
    Free Member

NW – thanks for that but I think Im gonna order up the fsa gravity light off crc. 60quid seems like a decent price. That xtr is still making me think though…. Going to go see it tonight. Keep yall posted.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Bigthunder, what length crank is the one that is damaged? I think I have a drive side SLX crank that is fine but has a knackered LH crank so between us we could make one good chainset.

Let me know and we might be able to sort something out

bigthunder
    Free Member

Matthew h – I will have a look when I get home but that wont be till 7pm ish. Probably. Its either a 170 or a 175 but I just dont know. Thanks!

matthew_h
    Free Member

No worries, give a shout and fingers crossed we can sort something out

bigthunder
    Free Member

Matthew h – its a 175 mate and I bought the xtr set. Do you want my slx set? Drive side pedal thread is goosed and the rings are a bit worn but if you cover postage you can have it. Let me know if ya want it.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Hey, yeah go on then. Email me on matthew@screamingjaffa.co.uk and we can sort it out. I only need the LH crank arm, I’ve got the rest.

Cheers

bigthunder
    Free Member

Matthew h – ygm.

thegman67

I like to think important big boned

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Raceface Ride dh chainset – help reqd please!’ is closed to new replies.