Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Raceface next SL/SixC
  • pipiom
    Free Member

Just thought I’d update re my Next SL dilemmas: after 2 X Next SL,pedal inserts,coming loose I gave up with them (I’m definitely not a hardcore shredder,by the way)….My LBS told RF that I didn’t want any more SL’s , and they offered me: money back, or brand new SixC’s (albeit with a 3 month wait)

Any experiences with the new SixC’s?

Any similar experiences with Next SL’s?

Oh,and fair play my LBS and RF I say.

andysredmini
    Free Member

I have a set of SixC Cranks and I don’t really have much to say about them. They have survived me using them on the local DH tracks including some massive jumps, gaps and drops. They have been perfect and still look as good as the day I bought them. I would definitely buy them again

gelert
    Free Member

Sorry to hear you’ve had issues with the Next SLs. I hope it’s not a widespread problem. Can’t see how the SixC would be any different in regards to how the pedal thread insert is made but I don’t know.

I took the plunge and got a set of Next SLs for my Alpine and I’ve had no issues so far (apart from cracking the bearing pre-load collar) – I installed them late July last year. Took them off recently to change chain rings (took some effort to get the original one off mind!) and clean up the bb area a bit.

Mine have been great and still look brand new. I’d even started to not worry about them…

teamslug
    Free Member

No problems here with SL’s. Not loads of miles on them yet though but i’m sure they will be fine 😯

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

If I ever enter the modern world of chainsets again – I’ll probably be getting a set of these carbon-licious things, as the present offerings from The Big S are absolutely, truly, gopping.

AlexSimon

Hmm – I’d forgotten about my SLs – now I’m going to be wondering again 🙂

2000km on mine with not a hint of a problem (apart from the helitape needing replacing).

pipiom
    Free Member

Both sets went wobbly after 3-6months of reasonably fair mileage.

orena45

No issues with my SL’s after 400 miles. Have been very forgettable so far…which is a good thing

benpinnick

We’ve replaced a fair few SLs with Sixc over the last couple of years. Next have a definite limit on the thread inserts, thats always the issue. We’ve not had a Sixc back on the other hand. If you’re light the Next will be fine, if your a bit heavier on the bike, go Sixc. Both are good cranks but the Next have their limits.

GolfChick
    Free Member

I had some sixc’s probably 12 months ago, same problem the inserts came loose but because they were second hand I had no comeback so now ride with some sram carbon cranks and no problems so far

Pukeko
    Free Member

Had some sixC. Fab cranks. I’m big’ish but kit usually lasts well. I noticed on my cranks some small play on pedal inserts after 2 1/2 years use. They were replaced under warranty within days and without any issues.(I did have receipts as original purchaser). Great product. Love em!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Raceface next SL/SixC’ is closed to new replies.