Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Raceface Next R vs SixC – Am I missing something here?
  • mbqwerty
    Free Member

Planning out the final bits for this build, and I was going to wait it out for those new lovely Raceface Next R bars – but reading the marketing blurb and it says “DH strength with Enduro weight”.

I might be missing something here, but the SixC bars are actually a gnat’s fart lighter than the Next’s at 210g vs 215… and they’re carbon DH bars. So what’s the advantage for the Next’s?

rickon
    Free Member

I’ve no idea either!

The Next R *probably* have a newer layup or something, but I’d just get the ones that you like the look of best, or are the cheapest of the two.

The SixC are a great bar.

mbqwerty
    Free Member

Had one of my old yeti and couldn’t fault it. I’ve bought a second hand sixC to see me off until the new Next comes out, but now I’m thinking of just getting the sixC in blue and being done with it!

woodster

It’s probably all about the lay-up offering differing amounts of vertical and lateral compliance and stiffness and either communicative feedback or vibration damping qualities.

I’d get the cheaper one or whichever comes in your favourite colour.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Raceface Next R vs SixC – Am I missing something here?’ is closed to new replies.