Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • RaceFace Evolve XC – XT m770 chainset
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

hi guys hopefully you can help….my BB is up for renewal, and my RF evolve chainset is looking a little worse for wear, so im thinking as for £115 you can get a new xt chainset with bb included, so killing 2 birds with 1 stone as they say….only question i have really is, will it be a straight swap? the offers on the 175mm version, and im pretty sure the rf one i have is 175mm….will the teeth be the same number etc etc? bb will be fine i know that…

cheers!

Daffy

You may need to replace your chain as well, but otherwise it'll all be fine.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers bud! the chain is only a month old though? its not worn, is it just best to get a new one anyways though?

Daffy

If it's only a month old you may get away with it. You'll know as soon as you put load through it.

timc
    Free Member

I have both these chainsets, from my experience;

Shimano BB & Crank is better, Raceface Rings are better, although I now have Hope BB's

Personally I would get the XT chainset & put your old rings on until they are goosed & then replace whole drive chain at once, its an option if your on a budget!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘RaceFace Evolve XC – XT m770 chainset’ is closed to new replies.