Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Raceface Evolve XC cranksets, how good, has bearing life improved?
  • TimothyD
    Free Member

At title says really, has anybody found any teething problems with the above cranks and thier outbaord bearing system?

Ta muchly…

TimothyD
    Free Member

bump

monkeyboyjc

i’ve owned two sets in the past and just replaced the race face bb with a ashimano or hope one when the time came – you dont have to rely on the race face one supplied, nothing stopping you swapping it straight away.

TimothyD
    Free Member

Cool, seem to have a soft spot for raceface for some reason, think i’ll get some.

JoeG
    Free Member

I have a set on my fatbike. Only 2 months old so I don’t know how long the bearing last. Very happy with them so far.

coatesy
    Free Member

Very rarely getting any warranty returns on them now, not sure if the bearings have improved, or the fitting techniques(BB shell facing and sizing), but definitely seems better than a few years ago.

joeegg
    Free Member

I’ve used Raceface Deus and XT and the Shimano system of assembly and disassembly is far easier.Can’t see one advantage of the RF over Shimano.

JoeG
    Free Member

Can’t see one advantage of the RF over Shimano.

The one that I found important for a fatbike was that Race Face made a 2x crank for a 100 mm BB; Shimano does not!

oldfart

I’ve got a Silver and a Black set both for sale plus a brand new b/b e mail me
    rolandjulie2001@yahoo.co.uk
    If interested and ill sort out a. Pic

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Raceface Evolve XC cranksets, how good, has bearing life improved?’ is closed to new replies.