Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Raceface Evolve crankset, do I need a crank puller?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi chaps,

I’ve read a few manuals, and lots of threads. But not straight answer.

I’ll have some 2014 Raceface Evolve cranks with rings soon. These are EXI interface, so external Isis.

Do these have a crank extractor bolt, in built? Or do they need an m22 crank puller?

Racwfave’s website states both as possible methods. But its not clear if one or the other is right, or wrong.

Its the EXI interface, as used on all their cranks now.

Cheers

Ricks

vincienup
    Free Member

RaceFace are correct, both exist.

I have an older set of Evolve’s on my Soul which have a rather neat self extracting setup where you take one bolt out then use a bigger key to turn the revealed keyhole to self extract, and I have a newer set on my Chameloen (that seem ts be reasonably recent oem stock like you might find on a recent Orange) that use a normal crank puller.

You’ll need to take a look, I’m afraid…

JoeG
    Free Member

My Evolves bought Dec 2012 need a crank puller.

The right tool is a puller that works with ISIS/Octalink. Or you can use a square taper puller along with something like this

Edit – or a couple of coins or washers.

pigeonthing
    Free Member

Both my 2010 evolve and 2011 respond need the pellet as above I think the self extracting version got phased out before 2010

eviljoe
    Free Member

You can use 3 x 1 cent euro coins glued together, fits perfectly

rickon
    Free Member

Bought an ISIS puller. I don’t mind having extra tools, and it’s not bonkers money.

Cheers chaps.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Raceface Evolve crankset, do I need a crank puller?’ is closed to new replies.