Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Raceface Dig Knee Pads
  • crush83
    Free Member

Does anyone use these knee pads?

Are they any good fore pedalling In?

chrismanc
    Free Member

Got a pair of the 2012 versions. Very good, great movement, cool-ish (good for this time of year), light and feel like they would save my knee caps..luckily haven’t conducted that test yet.

After five minutes you forget you even have them on. I got proper tree trunk legs aswell. Just make sure you get the right size so they stay put.

luke0912
    Free Member

I have a set, I find them really comfy and easy to pedal with. Had a few little offs and they have stayed in place and protected my knees nicely.

mtbtom
    Free Member

Love ’em – very comfy. I have the flank, which is the one with a little protection on the upper shin.

I’ll buy them again when mine wear out.

gogg
    Free Member

I have the longer Flank as I ride flats. My test of a good pad, can I ride uphill in them at somewhere like penmachno? Answer yes, so good pads IMHO. Not tested in “anger” yet. I only ever fall off when they’re not being worn…

Currently on offer at my LBS

BillOddie

I have a set, they’re fine for pedalling I guess. However I found them too bulky.

I switched to the really thin minimalist Charge pads, which I like a lot and protect from cuts to the knees.

mallorcadave
    Free Member

My mate got a pair recently and got to test them straight away! Watch it here crash happens about 6 minuets in.Protected his knees fine but because the straps aren’t very long the impact undid the top strap leaving it loose and falling down his leg!
    Its a good idea in principle being able to take off put on without removing your shoes but the straps need to be a bit longer.
    FYI they don’t appear on the 2014 website so may of been discontinued

gt900uk
    Free Member

I have found mine to be really good, they are quite bulky but they have never bothered me and I can pedal in them all day with no issues.

Coyote
    Free Member

I’ve had a pair for a few years now. Used them in Whistler and the North Shore with no worries.

crush83
    Free Member

Cool, thanks for the replies.

I ride clipped in so not too worried about shin protection but will check out the flank. Is there a sizing guide anywhere or is it a case of try before you buy?

crush83
    Free Member

Does anyone know how to size knee pads? I found the raceface pdf file but my kindle won’t open it

gogg
    Free Member

Sizing information is given in the description here

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Raceface Dig Knee Pads’ is closed to new replies.