Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Raceface Deus Cranks?
  • clowner
    Free Member

Does anyone know if its possible to replace the axel (XC EXI BB spindle) on 2010 deus cranks?

I’ve damaged the threads on the axel (hopefully I’ll get it retapped) but thinking about worst case

d45yth
    Free Member

I’ve had a few Deus cranks and as far as I know the axle can’t be replaced. I had a set that were a bit tatty and was going to get them re-anodised. This wasn’t possible because of the steel axle which is press-fitted in.
    I could have let you have a set cheap but I’m keeping them incase of any problems with my Sixc’s. 😉
    Hope the re-tapping works out.

clowner
    Free Member

On that news so do i

robdeanhove
    Free Member

I’m not a fan anymore, I’d replace them if I were you SEE HERE:

A lucky escape!

clowner
    Free Member

Bloody hell!

What did Raceface/silverfish say about that?

robdeanhove
    Free Member

I didn’t send it back yet. I just took it off and threw it in the corner. Not sure I’m to keen on any replacement that’s come out of the same development team/process. This happened at the same tiome as Race Face announced they were going kaput. Now they’re up and running again I guess it’s worth returning it.

I’m replacing it with Shimano XTR as I nearly sliced my kneecap open and narrowly avoided getting run over as well as smashing my knee into the ground when it happened & I never want to experience that again.

wrecker
    Free Member

Clowner, I have some 2010 RF dues cranks (black) you can have for £50 (no BB). Brand new 44T ring and RF bash (you can choose what you want to run). Used inner and middle ring but not much!
    great condition, just a small amount of heel rub. Email in profile.

wwaswas

I’ve got a set of ‘bare’ metal Deus cranks with rings (in good nick) and fittings.

the bolt occasionally came undone which I think was a result of wear on the NDS crank (I bought second hand on here and they did it from day one).

pics on this link – http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/LukeBurstow/Stuff%20for%20sale/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ24

anyway, might solve your problem and get you some spares too? £50 posted any good?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Raceface Deus Cranks?’ is closed to new replies.