Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • RaceFace Cinch BB92? Where has stock?
  • pbooker1995
    Free Member

Looking for one of these for my new next SL crank. Silverfish are out of stock until end of the month. Anyone got one I could buy or know someone who has?

gee
    Free Member

They are really, really awful. Mine lasted one 4hr ride then seized.

Now got a Rotor one which is spot on. Steel or ceramic bearings available.

GB

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

They’re really not awful.
    Mines been in for months (right through winter) and showing no signs of wear.

If it packed in within 4hrs that very much points towards something within the fitting or set up being wrong doesn’t it?

bikeneil
    Free Member

I’ve had mine in for six months and it still spins lovely.

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

Gee, are you using a Rotor bearing with Next cranks, if so which bearing are you using?

I only ask as my BSA Raceface one hasn’t worn very well at all, my bike is at my LBS today having the second one since Jan fitted, I fitted the first one and wonder if I over did the preload slightly.

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

OP, sorry to go OT

neil853
    Free Member

I got mine from wiggle, cant comment on longevity as its only been on a few weeks, still working for now though

gee
    Free Member

Really, it wasn’t fitted wrong. It’s a pressfit BB not open heart surgery.

The rotor replacement has lasted 6 months. It’s the 4130 model with steel bearings.

Granted it was a really grim 4hrs racing in continuous rain and heavy gritty mud, but I’ve done races like that before and never had one just seize so solid it couldn’t be unseized. It was packed out with grease between bearing and seals etc, no I didn’t take the bearing covers off and no the preload wasn’t overtightened… Not sure what else you can cock up with a pressfit BB…

Anyway… Once they’ve made one which works the cranks are amazeballs which more than makes up for some dodgy bearings. Running 2 sets I was so smitten… And eyeing up some turbines to go on another bike. The Cinch cranks are a genius product.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Raceface BB’s=Awful….it’s a historical thing.
    They were awful (comically so),they started putting ‘magic’ grease in them and they were slightly less awful (tbh they died so quickly because people did’nt understand how the tiny/fiddly/annoying pre load washers worked but that’s besides the point).
    At least they are consistent.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘RaceFace Cinch BB92? Where has stock?’ is closed to new replies.