Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Raceface charge knee pads normal or sub zero?
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Wanting some really light weight knee pads for winter warmth more than anything…will use my normal pads for bigger rides and when it warrants it

But want something thats gonna give some warmth on night rides in winter

Are the normal ones quite long still? I want them to more or less touch my socks for max coverage length wise..

Was thinking more fhe normal ones in case i want to use them in the summer as the sub zero ones will then be too hot in summer?

Any one owned eirther or both?

Ps i know they are minimal protection so im not too bothered by that

iainc

Had my regular ones on today over DHB thermal bib longs and was nice and toasty in -4 frost.

I also have the warm ones, but forgot about them till this thread !

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Hey ian cheers is there much diffrerence between them? Are the winter ones thicker or just longer?

iainc

They are a bit of both TBH, maybe an inch longer and 20% thicker

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Ah right cool be too warm for summer months then the longer ones?

iainc

Just went and checked, about 2 inches longer, material is fleecy backed. They stop mid/low shin for me, so would still be a gap of bare skin above my winter socks/defrosters. They are good with bib shorts in autumn, however once it gets into winter I go for bib longs with pads on top. Usually the Charge ones or TLD Speeds.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Great cheers for the info sounds like perhaps the normal ones would come in more handy, they will still be longer than my current knee pads anyways

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Raceface charge knee pads normal or sub zero?’ is closed to new replies.