Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • RaceFace AM Cranks
  • chris_mbuk
    Free Member

Hi just bought some raceface all mountain cranks, im having a bit of trouble with fitting, its just one bolt that uses an 8mm allen key to screw them on but they seem super tight as im bolting it onto the other arm, is this normal because its new or is there something i dont know about ?? thanks.

emmodd
    Free Member

I’ve got turbines and they’re very tight

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

do they work the same way as the atlas allmountain? the single 8mm bolt holding em on? i can get it to fit but its really super tight it just dosent feel right, theres no play once on and spins freeley it juast worries me how tight on they are :/

jes
    Free Member

They are very tight when new and get very hard work to get them to lock home.
    A rachet and with an M8 hex socket helps, as does some grease and tightening and backing them out again a few times.

If your having problems getting the splines lined up, slighty rotate the arm back and forth whilst slowly tightening the M8 bolt until the arm lock into the spline on the spindle.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

yeh thats all i do, i just hold the drive side arm and turn it until it lock onto the thread, it gets half way before it becomes tight, after this its just really right until the end, is this normal then ?

jes
    Free Member

If you have it started on the spline and about half way along the splined section then yes this is normal.

enfht
    Free Member

It is tight, I bought a long arm tool for the job, you know when it’s done when you get a hard stop. Grease everything thoroughly. If you’re not sure unscrew and start again take your time.

NB: people often misread the fitting instructions on RF cranks and forget about the tiny orange washers, which introduces play, which wears the splines so be careful.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

I dont have any orange washers , u mean the orange stopper ring that tells u ur limit? My cranks just came as cranks nothing else

enfht
    Free Member

The preload elastomer, and additional spacer seal(s) depending on your chainline (Im not talking bb spacers). A quick look at the fitting instructions online also mentions a red crank seal but I don’t think its removable anyhow.

Read the manual, have a cup of tea and read again – is my moto

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘RaceFace AM Cranks’ is closed to new replies.