Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Race Tops – tight or sl. baggy?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Do you have slightly baggy or tight race tops – I know the aim is skin tight to aid wicking etc but how do most people wear them?

foxyrider
    Free Member

OK – so I ordered a Foska Top and recommended 37-39 inch chest medium – site says “sport cut – snug but not too tight” so I guess thats right?

njee20
    Free Member

‘Fitted’ I believe is the term, Wouldn’t go for sprayed on lycra, that’s for skinsuits, but don’t want baggy either, if nothing else things in your pockets bounce around too much with baggy tops.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I think most people will agree that the “no top” look is best. I saw this picture the other day and it inspired me to give the “no top” look a go. Its definitely quicker and it melts girls hearts and childrens eyes.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

if nothing else things in your pockets bounce around too much with baggy tops.

**shudders** I hate stuff bouncing around in my pockets. I’ve got a brand new club jersey that I can’t wear because the manufacturer decided to change their sizing and it’s just a little to loose to use the pockets.

Fitted every time for me.

njee20
    Free Member

Yep I’ve got a few team jerseys in a larger size and they’re totally useless!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Hmm – I have about 5 other race toips and those are a little tighter – 1 skin tight the others fitted – the new one it fine at the top but more baggy at the bottom so I guess its just the cut?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Yep I’ve got a few team jerseys in a larger size and they’re totally useless!

Aye it’s annoying, be alright if I wore it with baggy shorts *shudders even more*.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

the new one it fine at the top but more baggy at the bottom so I guess its just the cut?

Sounds like it’s made for tubby people, Foska are they the people who make the goddam awful Marmite jersey? That’s normally worn by tubbies.

clubber
    Free Member

You’re such a roadie, KT 😉

foxyrider
    Free Member

These ones – Its just a little less fitted around the gut than I would like but I think if I go for the small one it will be too tight around the shoulders?

http://www.foska.com/road-jerseys/mens/

Unfortunately I do wear baggies with my race tops 😳

KINGTUT
    Free Member

clubber – Member

You’re such a roadie, KT

Sadly not, you should see the cobwebs on my road bike.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Your first mistake was buying any of those jerseys, however you don’t appear to like the fit so send it back for a refund and buy something that fits properly from Giordana instead.

foxyrider
    Free Member

However – It will fit better over my baggies now 😉 It was the design I bought it for though 8)

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Which one?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Oh dear I didn’t want to admit it but:

Not really for racing really mostly for training on local (very badly driven) roads 🙂 [crawls away]

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Simple formula:

If you’re a skinny xc whippet or just ripped – tight top.

Everyone else – baggy top to disguise the flab.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Oh my, I wouldn’t worry too much about the fit Foxy. 😉

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Nice n’ tight to emphasise the one pack.

foxyrider
    Free Member

No one cares I am sure, but I sent it back and got the small to enhance my ‘one pack’ ;).

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Race Tops – tight or sl. baggy?’ is closed to new replies.