Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Race Face Turbine Crank Removal
  • trekkers
    Free Member

Can someone tell me how to remove this crank – http://www.cyclesolutions.co.uk/p60946/race-face-turbine-cranks-10-speed-104-64-double-ringset

Do I only need an 8mm allen key for this job?

frogstomp

Yup! The inner 8mm head bolt pushes against the outer cap as you undo it.. extracting the crank as it goes.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trekkers
    Free Member

the 8mm cap only loosens a bit then rubs off the 10mm bolt so I can’t loosen it anymore. Am I being stupid here?

wwaswas

The X-type right side crank has a one-key release system. The retaining cap use a left-hand thread, and is secured to the arm with a 10mm hex wrench. It is not necessary to remove the one-key system. To remove the arm, use a 8mm hex wrench on the crank bolt and turn counter-clockwise. One-key system will remove arm from the spindle. After removing the right arm, pull the left arm to remove. It may be necessary to use a mallet and tap spindle to free the arm.

basicaly the bit it’s rubbing on acts as a self extractor for the crank if you keep turning the 8mm bolt.

hot_fiat

Keep unwinding against the 10mm cap. It’ll budge eventually

RustyMac

Just keep unscrewing it, it is meant to unscrew against the 10mm bolt essentially pushing the drive side crank of with each unscrew of the 8mm bolt.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Race Face Turbine Crank Removal’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts