Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Race Face Turbine Cinch Cranks – Can I use Hope BB?
  • zelak999
    Free Member

Just wondering if i can use a Hope BB with a Race Face Turbine Cinch 68/73 cranks 30mm in diameter?
    Also any idea if the chain line will be suitable for a boost 148mm rear hub?

fathomer

No idea about chainline but you’ll need a new BB, assuming your existing is for a 24mm axel. Hope do sell one though I believe.

daver27
    Free Member

well i am using a Raceface 30mm BB with Hope cranks, and its fine, so should be totally fine the other way round as well!

benpinnick

Yes and yes. You’ll need to buy the Hope BB tool too (no one elses fits). The chainline will be awesome for a 1x set up, not so much for anything else.

zelak999
    Free Member

Thanks, i’m currently using an XT M785 (ish) crankset.

zelak999
    Free Member

Anyone else use the Hope 30mm BB?
    I want to make sure before I splash out.
    Race Face have said I need to use the RF BB, but I guess they would….

benpinnick

Weve sent out a few Aeris bikes with the Hope 30mm BB and RF Turbines. No reported issues so far. Like I said though just make sure you get the tool or you’ll soon discover the Hope splines are totally unique to their BBs!

zelak999
    Free Member

Cool, thanks Ben.
    I did read somewhere that someone used a rag and mol grips! I think I’ll spend the extra £10 for the tool!

benpinnick

No worries. You’ll still need the rag – the hope tool has the sharpest damned edges of any tool in the workshop! Grabbing it bare hands is not a comfy experience.

Grace
    Free Member

Yep..I’ve had the hope 30mm bb in for a while with rf cinch cranks. All good. Not sure how easy it will be replacing the bb bearings though as hope don’t do a tool and the 30mm id of the bearing is barely smaller than the cup….anyone tried ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Race Face Turbine Cinch Cranks – Can I use Hope BB?’ is closed to new replies.