Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Race face Next SL Cranks – left crank is loose
  • shortcut

I know – first world problems etc.

Anyway I have a set of Next SL Cranks, which are very lovely and quite light too.

I was a little surprised when I found out that they had developed a small amount of play in the left crank arm the one that (I assumed) was permanently attached to the spindle.

Has anyone else had this issue?

It seems to be held on with a difficult to find when you need it 16mm allen key?

Not quite impressed.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

How old are they? Older ones had issues of the bonding failing for the pedal inserts and spindle. I’ve needed to re-glue mine. Although I also have some XX1 cranks which are the same.

pinetree
    Free Member

Sounds like you’ve got the newer ones. I had the same on my Turbines (use the same Cinch system as the Next) and it’s a real easy fix: Simply back the bolt off and take all tension off the preload adjuster, then bolt the LH crankarm right back up (think it needs to go to something like 50nm)
    If it’s had play for a little while, it might be worth taking the arm off (you can use the bolt and cap from the driveside as a self-extractor on the LH arm) and giving the interface between the splines a bit of a clean and a small amount of grease, just to make sure that no crap’s got in there.

Once you bolt it back up to tension, just rest the preload adjuster and away you go!

shortcut

Cool – thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Race face Next SL Cranks – left crank is loose’ is closed to new replies.