Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Race Face BB Siezed – direct replacement?
  • M005
    Free Member

I have a 2006 Orange P7 Pro and due to a slack cleaning regime it appears the Race Face Evolve XC X-Type bottom bracket has siezed.

It states on it do not dissassemble, therefore I assume its a sealed unit & to be thrown away.

I can obviously just replace with the same, but is there anything better out there?

Since moving from Wiltshire (claggy mud) to Hampshire / Dorest border (gritty, sandy mud) I’m getting a few mor eissues so ideally want something well sealed.

TIA.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hope.

Ignore the “Do not disassemble” bit.
    I’ve put Hope bearings in Race Face cups. I think pretty much all BB cups and bearings are interchangeable.

RustyMac

The BB can be replaced with any hollowtech II bottom bracket. I currently have a hope one and a CK one on my raceface cranks and both are better than the race face one.

The hope one is well sealed and you can but bearing for it in the future if need be rather than replacing the whole thing.

messiah
    Free Member

Take it apart carefully to avoid damaging the plastic “top hats”, then go to bearing shop and buy replacement bearings… or look up Kaesee on here as he has them and replacement top hats.

RustyMac

I couldn’t find a way to get to the bearings in my BB to press/knock them out however if you do, there are lots of spare on CRC.

I don’t know if the design has changed slightly over time?

Link to Top Hats

Race Face BB Rebuild Kit

M005
    Free Member

Thanks all, I’ll take a look at Hope ones as a direct replacement and rebuild this one as a spare.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Race Face BB Siezed – direct replacement?’ is closed to new replies.