• This topic has 86 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by grum.
Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Rabobank pulling out of pro-cycling
  • wrecker
    Free Member

DM put his hands up and pleeded guilty

It was my impression that he only put his hands up once he found that the evidence was cast iron (they found the drugs packages in his apartment AFAIK) and initially denied it (is this incorrect?). He then went to arbitration to try to reduce his ban.
    Whether he’d have been more defensive had it not been so cut and dry, we’ll never know. People will do a lot to protect their livelihood.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Whether he’d have been more defensive had it not been so cut and dry, we’ll never know.

True, but he didn’t threaten, intimidate or harras the people involved in the process.

Woody
    Free Member

Another take, Cav is so shit as an all rounder if he were dopeing his keeping up with the Pelaton would stick out like a sore thumb.

I’m not having a pop at Cavendish here, just using him as a (hopefully) clean example of a cyclist who is by far the best at his speciality and will therefore attract the inevitable attention and whispers.

BTW he can and does keep up with the peleton (and even worked hard on certain stages for teammates in the TDF) otherwise he wouldn’t complete tours and win stages! Mind you, if he started winning mountain stages………….

atlaz
    Free Member

BTW he can and does keep up with the peleton (and even worked hard on certain stages for teammates in the TDF) otherwise he wouldn’t complete tours and win stages! Mind you, if he started winning mountain stages

THIS year he did because he was targetting the Olympic road race and changed his training and dropped weight in conjunction with that goal. In previous years, he’s been in the grupetto on most hilly stages and sometimes finished outside the time limit. I agree though, if he was actually up the front in any other year as part of the Sky train in getting Wiggins to a mountain finish, I’d start to wonder.

wrecker
    Free Member

True, but he didn’t threaten, intimidate or harras the people involved in the process.

Dunno.

Gaumont accused Millar of encouraging the team’s doctor, Jean-Jacques Menuet, to give both him and another rider, Cedric Vasseur, a doping product.[n 6] Gaumont said: ‘Vasseur and I went to Menuet’s room and were injected with a clear liquid. If Menuet agreed to do so, it was because Millar asked him to. He is the leader of the team, and leaders have such power.’

It may be absolute cobblers (and I make no judgement) but that’s not a pajillion miles from lance-esque behaviour is it?

atlaz
    Free Member

It may be absolute cobblers (and I make no judgement) but that’s not a pajillion miles from lance-esque behaviour is it?

Problem is, that’s self-admitted doper Phillipe Gaumont so he clearly didn’t need any assistance to get going. I do agree though, that Millar asking a doctor to inject him seems a bit like Lance’s approach of getting everyone involved. Course, the doctor has to answer some questions about why he’d do that because I’m pretty sure it goes against the hippocratic oath. Probably.

grum
    Free Member

But Lance has only just been “caught”. He still has the opportunity to react in exactly the same way DM did when he was caught.

Didn’t he get ‘caught’ in 1999?

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Rabobank pulling out of pro-cycling’ is closed to new replies.