Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • rabbit hole/knard in salsa cro-moto?
  • oxym0r0n

Anyone done this and got pics please?
    Failing that can anyone please tell me what the width between their forks is if running 29+?
    Thinking of getting one for the front of my el Mariachi
    Also 9mm offset if running same length spokes on one side?

Thanks

oxym0r0n

?

letmetalktomark

I’ve asked a chap over on MTBR for more pics of his set up.

He is running a 445mm Cromoto/Rabbit Hole/Knard with room to spare.

Edit …. Here >> http://forums.mtbr.com/surly/pics-rabbit-hole-knard-non-krampus-frame-837160-4.html#post10747233

I’m planning one for the front of my Fortitude.

My guess would be your using a 470mm Cromoto so should be more room above the tyre 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    oxym0r0n

Great – thanks LMTTM 😀

takisawa2

Not mine, but bikemongercharlie tried one in a Niner fork for me…

My Niner steel forks measure 92mm just before they curve inwards.
    Swift steel fork is almost identical to the Niner, & the Salsa looks very simillar.

Planning one for mine if I can pick up a Knard & a Rabbit hole for it.

Gotama
    Free Member

letmetalktomark – what about a Jones Unicrown fork for the front of your Fortitude? I look at doing that before plumping for a Jones. The a-c is about 5mm different from memory but the trail is roughly the same. Sorry, can’t remember exactly and Genesis have taken the fortitude off the web now. Would give you fat and semi fat options. Can get a Jones fork from here….

Biff

letmetalktomark

Gotma,

I ran a fat front on the Fortitude for a while using a 100mm spaced Pugsley fork (445mm AtoC).

[imghttp://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd279/letmetalktomark/ST830243.jpg[/img]

Worked well enough but for less weight I could run a 29er+ in the Cromoto fork …. well in theory 🙂

I also found the Pugsley fork to be quite stiff in normal 29er mode.

More here from my original build thread 🙂

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/new-bike-content-genesis-fortitude-adventure-rigid29eralfinefat

Cheezpleez

I’m sure Singular Sam posted a while back to say that a Knard wouldn’t quite fit in a Swift fork, even though CharlieTBM’s pic shows one fitting nicely in a Niner fork which everyone seems to say is all-but identical. I’m confused.

letmetalktomark

I have to say I thought he had said the same.

I had an early Swift fork that when compared to the Cromoto did seem super skinny but thought that latter versions had more clearence (width wise) 😕

takisawa2

I had both, & compared them side by side. Only difference seemed to be the fuggly disc mount on the Niner. I’ll see if I can find the pics…

nedrapier

Hmmm, by the looks of letmetalktomark’s photo, it should even go in my 425 cromoto.

3.0″ might be pushing it on an Open Pro, though!

letmetalktomark

A 2.4” Ardent on a Flow rim only just goes in my 425mm Cromotos.

I really don’t think a Knard would fit.

Gotama
    Free Member

Knard does fit in a singular fork ……on a p35 rim if that makes any difference. I tried it over the summer months, not much room but it doesn’t rub. I’d say marginally tighter than the niner fork above, wouldn’t want to do it when it’s really muddy but then you wouldn’t be using a knard in those conditions anyway.

nedrapier

letme… That 29er?

Is it the width or the arch? Thought it looked like there were more than 2cms spare underneath the arch in your first pic.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘rabbit hole/knard in salsa cro-moto?’ is closed to new replies.