Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • rab vapour rise stretch vs haglofs halo?
  • duckers
    Free Member

any users of both with any oppinions, or what are you using thats similar? Winter running and cycling use.

Joe

VR VR VR!

Trousers or jacket. I love the VR trousers. Not for cycling though. For walking and pootlin about the fells.

Swayndo
    Free Member

I've had a Vapor Rise smock for 3 or 4 years. One of my favourite pieces of kit for winter active sports.

BadlyWiredDog

I'd check the cut on the VR Stretch carefully, the last one I used was quite horribly wrong across the shoulders. Not used the Haglofs Halo, but their stuff is generally good and hybrid stuff is a lot better than solid Windstopper which isn't breathable enough.

Have you looked at the Mountain Equipment Astron or Astron Hood? Powershield with Powerstretch side panels for improved cooling, been using one for over a year and it's a really good bit of kit.

Hal
    Free Member

I use a Rab VR and its the best bit of biking kit i have.

On Sunday it was -6 (highlands) and with a Altura wicken t shirt, the Rab VR then the Altura night vision to keep the damp out i was warm the whole days biking. 😀

Baldysquirt

I used to use a VR for all my biking / climbing etc. Probably the best bit of kit I've owned. I now use a Gore Vapor jersey, but it's nowhere near as versatile. I think I'll go for a VR again at some point soon.

davey_clayton
    Free Member

I've had a vapour rise smock for a couple of years (don't think it's a "stretch") very very warm, too warm for me 95% of the year in UK. Seems pretty well made, only minor niggle is that the neck zipper is irritating when zipped right up.

duckers
    Free Member

I'll check out the Astron, the VR stretch has excellent reviews but I was thinking it might be a little too warm for running.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘rab vapour rise stretch vs haglofs halo?’ is closed to new replies.