Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rab Vapour Rise Guide Jacket – Rated?
  • zelak999
    Free Member

Hi all
    I’m looking for a new soft shell and have I seen the Rab Vapour Rise Guide Jacket at a local Go Outdoors.
    Anybody using this jacket?
    I know it’s not waterproof or wind proof but how effective is it in the wind and erm…….. rain?
    I’m not looking to use this jacket for riding just walking and day to day use.
    Any input would be welcome.

coatesy
    Free Member

Bought one a couple of years back to replace an aging Polaris retroactive, used it once on the bike then relegated it to after ride duties as it wasn’t anywhere near windproof enough. Gave it a second chance this morning when I was 60 miles from home and found i’d left my windproof behind, was ok-ish with a long sleeved base layer and at lower speeds.

matt_outandabout

My Equilibrium fabric’d Montane Dyno is not windproof enough on a cold day – but great for cool/damp/slower days.
    The Montane Krypton is a more windproof, waterproof and warmer option (like older Rab Vapour rise jackets and trousers. The Krypton has become my jacket of choice – over baselayer, or add more layers on really cold days. Only in proper rain do I put any other jacket on now, and that is Paramo.

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

I had one but bought a Buffalo Tech-lite to replace it. Buffalo kit is 100% better but not as stylish if that bothers you.

tomd
    Free Member

I have one of these, it replaced a buffalo fell jacket. It is really nice to wear, but not fully windproof. It is very breathable though (obviously) and reasonably water resistant. The buffalo fell jacket is a lighter jacket, but warmer, more windproof and near as waterproof.

PaulD
    Free Member

I have a Rab Vapour Rise jersey that is pertex with the micro-fleece lining.
    On its own it is good for MTB down to +5C and is wind proof but not water resistant. However, it dries very quickly whilst wearing it.

I have Buffalo tops in several weights for different lower temps and they are windproof but not waterproof…they too dry whilst wearing them.

Both are brilliant products that excel when chosen to match the temperature and energy output.

PaulD

footflaps

I had a vapour rise top but was very unimpressed with it as a soft shell, not that warm, not windproof and worse than a cotton T shirt if it got damp. Was very surprised as I really rate Rab.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rab Vapour Rise Guide Jacket – Rated?’ is closed to new replies.