Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Rab Spark as mtb jacket?
  • graemethejock

Hello,
    Does anyone have any experiences of using one of these? reviews seem good just wondering if anyone on here uses one
    Cheers Graeme

newsfromthefront
    Free Member

Yup & way better than bike brand specific jackets in my opinion…

hodgynd
    Free Member

No ..but looks good ..probably a little short on the back ?
    £105.00 in Go Outdoors with a discount card o/w £160.00

sillysilly
    Free Member

It’s awesome – has enough length to cover rear and a big hood for helmet on MTB. Packs down light and is breathable – not as waterproof as full on high tech waterproof materials but cheaper. Gave it a full on test on the Naughty Northumbrian Enduro.

malgrey
    Free Member

I have a different Rab version in the same fabric, and it is excellent on the bike, very breathable and waterproof. The only issues are that the pockets can fill with water in extreme rain, and the fabric is light enough that if you catch it on something, or crash, you’re likely to damage it.

doom_mountain

I have one and it’s great. Packable, breathable and big Hood to go over a helmet. I use the hood under a helmet on really windy days.
    I do have a heavier goretex jacket for winter as the Spark can get overwhelmed.
    For reference I live in the lakes, so have to deal with a bit of rain 😉

As previously mentioned, far better than a lot of bike specific jackets.

graemethejock

Cheers guys
    That’s my next purchase sorted then!

vincienup
    Free Member

Don’t see why not.

My best mountain bike jacket ever is my Montane Alpine Stretch, now three years old and still going strong. My brother often rocks an old Rab Vapour Rise.

Alpine cut climbing jackets tend to be plenty long in the arm and do have a bit of tail but size up for best bike results in my experience.

Quite agree about ‘proper bike jackets’. It would take something extraordinarily good at about half the price of the average ‘proper bike jacket’ to get me to buy it instead of actual outdoor clothing.

billyboy
    Free Member

Seems ok. I’ve only used mine for three trips out. It did four hours of rain on Exmoor on one of those and I stayed dry. Hood rides up your neck a bit when it’s down, but is good when used over a helmet. Length is good at the back. Packs down small. Material is comfortable to wear. I seemed to get a skin allergy reaction to it, but I have tended to be prone to that in the past so I was going to wash it before using it more… And I’ve not gotten round to that yet.
    Seems good but maybe my experience is a bit limited!

zilog6128

looks ideal! Unfortunately GO don’t have any stock particularly close to me!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Rab Spark as mtb jacket?’ is closed to new replies.