Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • RAB customer service/warranty/repair – any experiences?
  • IHN

The zip on my just over one year old, not worn very much but pretty expensive RAB jacket is a bit buggered.

It’s just out of the one year warranty, by about a month, and as luck would have it I had a clearout of old crap last week and threw away the reciept anyway. Grr.

I’ve had a look on their website and downloaded the repair/warranty form and I’ll be filling it in and sending it back with the jacket. Just wondered if anyone’s had any experience with them and how likely they are to fix it under warranty?

thegreatape
    Free Member

I had a VR jacket on which the zip bust. Returned and replaced. Then some of the stitching on the new one came undone. Also returned and replaced. Communication and level of interest wasn’t great, although to be fair I just posted it back with a covering note and then a few weeks later a new one arrived in the post. No email/phone call to say what was going on though. This was a few years ago, however it was after Equip had bought Rab, and I assume they still own it?

tlr

Equip do still own Rab. Service is usually pretty good, but perhaps not the speediest.

BadlyWiredDog

This was a few years ago, however it was after Equip had bought Rab, and I assume they still own it?

Yep, they do. They’re good guys at Rab, but sometimes very busy.

IHN

Just rung them and spoke to a friendly chap. If I send it back they’ll have a look and let me know…

godzilla
    Free Member

I had a Rab top that came apart outside warranty, i called Rab sent it back, they repaired it and sent it back, the Rab logo on the chest had also fallen off so they put a new one on too.
    Ace service, the Hope/Orange of jackets.

giantonagiant

As above. Excellent service on a couple of pairs of gloves that they repaired FOC, as well as really good advice on the phone for cleaning and treating down gear.

Top guys.

GregMay
    Free Member

Getting a 5 year old piece of kit repaired by them next week, will le you know how it goes. Communications wise, excellent so far.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘RAB customer service/warranty/repair – any experiences?’ is closed to new replies.