Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • R6Music tragedy
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Edith Bowman nearly missed her show this morning. They had to play LCD Soundsystem instead.

Tragically she made it in 🙁

nedrapier

I’m upset. Might have to put on the Eddy Temple Morris show from the laptop instead.

donks
    Free Member

I saw bowman in boots Milton Keynes a couple of weeks ago…. Thats all

shermer75
    Free Member

Edith Bowman. Makes Craig Charles look not shit.

racefaceec90

she is nearly as bad as this muppet 😡 by the gods he’s awful 👿

munrobiker
    Free Member

Her sister used to come into our bike shop to get new innertubes for her pram.

Should I post this on the famous thread?

ART

Not just me … why oh why oh why. There’s so much to like about 6Music you gotta wonder…

Pook

we’ve turned it off.

shermer75
    Free Member

I just wanted to check- Grimshaw’s not on 6Music is he?!?!

unklehomered
    Free Member

Don’t worry about it, The weekend Breakfast show is traditionally where the unwanted go to live out their contract. she’ll be gone soon.

Moe

All the BBC stations seem to want to try and be all things to all people, I’d love to be able to tune into one station and just listen for the day, I’ll only put up with trash sounds or an irritating voice* for short time then I’m searching for something else!

* with the excemption of J Vine, only need to hear one second of his voice!

meehaja
    Free Member

working in a bar once I had some flirty banter with a cute scottish lass. She borrowed my lighter and never bought it back. She might be a dj, but you shouldn’t steal lighters!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

EB is not bad, but as for Shaun Keaveney….

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I have no idea who Im listening to on R6 in the AM as Im usually only half awake!

zippykona

Bloody keavney,I can’t listen.
    6 is all about the music and so are the DJs. Why they gave the job to someone I’m assuming is trying to be a comedian I don’t know.
    Easily the worst on 6.
    Enjoying Mary Anne Hobbs waking me up.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Lots of different DJs for lots of different folks. Some sugar-titted cry-babies can’t hack that there’s a DJ on there they might not like. Suck it up and switch on YouTube for a few hours.

Sandwich

Enjoying Mary Anne Hobbs waking me up.

A bit breathy and giddy for my taste but better than anything else on national or local radio at the time. Besides it’s the music I put it on for not the prattle.

wrecker
    Free Member

Ah grimshaw, and people said moyles was an egomaniac…..

Merak

Agree wholeheartedly about Shawn ‘W’ Keavney. He’s a gonk, loves the sound of his voice. Way too much chat on his show I turn off.

Edith Bowman is just about as bad. Rotten chat.

Love Lauren Lavern, Hob Goblin, Gideon Coe, and Ken Bruce. 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Love Shaun Keaveney’s breakfast show. Just the right balance of music and chat for a morning.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

does she still say “get innnn”?

shuddder

fasthaggis

Don’t worry about it, The weekend Breakfast show is traditionally where the unwanted go to live out their contract. she’ll be gone soon.

She will be sprogging soon ,I only hope they don’t get that ( I am nothing without Joe)Adam back on.

A bit breathy and giddy for my taste

Yup ,she can sound like she is trying too hard

Ah grimshaw, and people said moyles was an egomaniac…..

At least he’s not a nasty little pug ….yet

zippykona

Can we get keavneys holiday dates so we know when we can tune back in.

wrecker
    Free Member

At least he’s not a nasty little pug ….yet

He’s not much really. Bland, vanilla, boring.

Coyote
    Free Member

I like Keavney’s breakfast show.

STATO
    Free Member

Keavney is fine, enough variation to not get bored. Craig Charles should be good but i get bored during the 20min he spends reading out emails from people who ‘love the show’.

scratch
    Free Member

You can see why they’ve gone for a ‘comedian’ I really like a lot of the DJ’s on 6, but I’d rather not have Coe pointing out the finer points of a Go-betweens record when I’m trying to wake up.

I’ve listened daily for years, I’ve never laughed once….

I’d really like them to get Jupitus back for the breakfast show, he left a couple of months after I’d started listening, knows his music, decent humour….

soobalias
    Free Member

oooh look i can put the eddy tm remix on ‘listen later’ through my squeezebox.

nice

kerv
    Free Member

Can’t please all the people etc’. I like Shaun Keaveney, didn’t like Phil Jupitus and proper detested that idiot who was on the breakfast show between them. Can’t remember his name but he used all Tony Blackburns old sound affects.

CountZero

deadlydarcy – Member
    Lots of different DJs for lots of different folks. Some sugar-titted cry-babies can’t hack that there’s a DJ on there they might not like. Suck it up and switch on YouTube for a few hours.

Couldn’t agree more. I actually like EB, I disliked Adam and Joe immensely, Keavney I don’t mind, and I loved Phil Jupitus when he was on; he actually phoned me back once when I sent him a text about a track he’d just played. Top bloke, and very funny.
    Keavney actually enjoys music, as do all the 6Music presenters, which is the complete opposite of most of the Radio 1 bods, who are just looking at it as a springboard to their TV presenter star spot. Like Moyles. (Snigger) 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I really liked Phil Jupitus as well. I wish they’d give him another slot on there somewhere. Maybe he doesn’t want one, but radio in general is the worse for him not being on it.

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Shaun W Keaveny is great…

…there I said it.

Underneath that dry, tired persona/angle on life he is very genuine and loves the music.

YMMV

Blower
    Free Member

Shaun W Keaveny is great…Underneath that dry, tired persona/angle on life he is very genuine and loves the music

yep love Keavney in a morning the right balance,bit of wit in there too.

CountZero

dd, I don’t think Phil Jupitus is interested in doing any more radio, sadly. He was brilliant on 6.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

dd, I don’t think Phil Jupitus is interested in doing any more radio, sadly.

Well that’s just bloody pants. Too busy motoring around touring with his band I guess.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I too bemoan the demise of Phil Jupitus, but Keavney is good for the most part, it took a couple of weeks to ‘get him’ but now I’m ok with it, well apart from the 8.15 slot, I hope he comes up with something better next week!

cheers_drive

They put George Lamb on the morning show for a while a few years back. Everyone else is perfect compared to that tosser.

CountZero

George Lamb! Ha, where is he, now, eh? Tosser!

passtherizla
    Free Member

I think Cerys is the only Female on that station I can stand… The rest seem to talk in a loud whisper.

spursn17
    Free Member

Viv Albertine is on at the moment! What an ace radio station.

The dj I can’t stand is Huey Lewis, a legend in his own mind.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘R6Music tragedy’ is closed to new replies.