Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Quiraing Isle of Skye Scotland
  • ChannelD

Video was shot on the 8th of June 2016 at 5am to get the low sun position and avoid the tourists. The path is 7km long loop starting from the car park in to the Quirang along and then climb out to return along the cliff top. The trail was a mixture of rideable and hike or lift the bike with help. In a lot of places the path is very narrow cut into the side or deep ruts making pedalling difficult. However the scenes were breath taking. The path leading down to the road looked awesome but for another day!

[video]https://youtu.be/c2WaDC0o-d4[/video]

mikey74
    Free Member

When I was there in March:

[/url]RS1_5551 by Mike Kennedy, on Flickr[/img]

ChannelD

Stunning picture. Mike did you ride?

It did seem bit Lord of the Rings especially when down in meadows (flat sections to hide cattle apparently) looking up and around you.

A drone would have been brilliant to use here.

Also would have liked to be there even earlier in the morning but it was ‘right we getting up and doing this’ at 4:30am with 1 hour drive to the Quiraing. Did plan to go early anyway to avoid the ‘tourists’ clogging up the filming.

There was a wee Scotman selling Orcs for hire along with coffees and teas when we got back.

trademark
    Free Member

Great video and pic. Inspirational.

Cheers.

cheers_drive

I proposed to my wife near where that photo was taken. She not that active so I had to coax her up the clump with the promise of an amazing view, I wasn’t lying about the view

crewlie

That looks terrific. The filming alone must have involved quite a bit of work, but well worth it 🙂

mikey74
    Free Member

Stunning picture. Mike did you ride?

No, I was there as part of a geology field trip. I’d love to go back with a bike, though.

Thank you for the comments on the pic. I got lucky with the rainbow :mrgreen:

That is a cool video.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Quiraing Isle of Skye Scotland’ is closed to new replies.