Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Quinoa – next level foodstuff?
  • tinribz
    Free Member

I remember Quin-o-a (as opposed to Qwin-wah) being used as a game crop because it was so cheap and easy to grow. Wasn’t considered the right quality for humans.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

It’s meant as, you know, light hearted general yardstick, but you know, be specific as you like about it…

My great grandmother was a curiously singleminded Victorian woman from the industrial working class – and from memory I will say she enjoyed mostly chicken bone marrow, heart and brain. I’ll never forget the sound. Never. She spent her later life (by choice) in a chair watching wrestling on TV and lived until about 90yrs. Take from that what you will. I think it’s in the genes. Maybe with quinoa and bicycle she’d have lived until 126yrs. I guess we’ll never know? (Thinks) …maybe she has a secret supply of semelina (sic, sic, sic!) stashed away somewhere? (Stops thinking. Seeks alcohol and diverse unrelated visual stimuli)

P-Jay
    Free Member

I bought some (and I think a lot of other STW people did) when Guy Martin was told to eat it during the tandem bike think.

I really like it, I boil it in veggie stock and shop some chillies in, it’s like a Quinoa Supernoodles. I can’t even remember what wonder substance it’s meant to contain, but it’s okay by me.

kimbers

Do I win middle-classtrackworld eco warrior of the week if I say I’ve eaten quinoa stew in a Peruvian subsistence farmers shack on an island on lake Titicaca ?

Is was quite yummy

edhornby

Good point by p jay, Nigel (the man who recommended it) is the head of nutrition for Sky procycling so I would trust his judgement over a load of internet links. Will try some at some point no doubt, none in the cupboard at the moment though.

steveoath
    Free Member

Won’t buy it imported. But quite like it.

tomhoward

I find that, based on what other people have said, the best thing about eating quinoa is telling other people you eat it

yunki
    Free Member

the best thing about eating quinoa is telling other people you eat it

ah well… you’re almost right..

I prefer to take photo’s of quinoa dishes that I’ve prepared and post them online.. red quinoa is best for proper posing points

tomhoward

In Howard’s Britain, those found taking photos of food will be first to the wall…

yunki
    Free Member

you’ll have to catch me first… And I don’t rate your chances.. not when I’ve got this healthy scran on board

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ ohhhhh Yum !!

That looks F A B 😀

lemonysam
    Free Member

Do I win middle-classtrackworld eco warrior of the week if I say I’ve eaten quinoa stew in a Peruvian subsistence farmers shack on an island on lake Titicaca ?

I don’t know but that’s the most convoluted euphemism I’ve ever heard.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

It just struck me – is this first ‘healthy food’ type STW thread to have zero testosterone-heavy endorsements of the endless merits of bacon?

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

I love bacon

yunki
    Free Member

bacon and quinoa is a nice combo, but I find a rich creamy sauce is a good addition (see link in OP)

wallop

Make sure you rinse it thoroughly, folks!

Cougar

Good advice for the quinoa too.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Quinoa – next level foodstuff?’ is closed to new replies.