Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Quietest full suss you have ridden?
  • Bagstard
    Free Member

Over the years I have had more than my share of bikes and always strived to make them as quiet as possible, apart from my old steel singlespeed my Airdrop edit is the quietest bike I have owned or ridden, 1x with zee clutch mech and no chain guide, possibly helped by the little plastic cable clips that came with the frame.

What other quiet bikes are out there or doesn’t it bother you?

Kahurangi

Clutch mechs are a step in the right direction, but I’d imagine that the Zerode and other gearbox bikes are a leap forward.

Riding chainless was probably as quiet as it gets but that just means I was a aware of how much *SCOOSH*SCOOSCH*SCOSCOOSCOOOSCHSCHSCH* the suspension was doing 😀

Bagstard
    Free Member

I don’t mind the SCOOSH of suspension, it is the cable rattling, chain slapping I can’t stand.

ajantom

My DMR Bolt in singlespeed mode. Properly quiet!

joebristol

My bird Aeris is so quiet. A few people even commented on that on a GoPro video I’d taken. Clutch mech and top chain device probably help.

rocketman
    Free Member

Mine have always been quiet FS/HT it makes no difference. The quieter it is the faster you go

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Probably my old Reign. The Fuel i’m on now isn’t far behind either 🙂

Kahurangi

Cable rattling you can fix with some good routing, a few bits of tape or cable ties.

Some friends who did home-brew bikes used velcro to reduce chain slap. Really! Stick it on like, the proper rubber chainstay protectors. Worked really well. Also use sraps on inner tube around the chain stay and the bottom of the seat stay.

reformedfatty
    Free Member

The eye poppingly ugly Marin Wolf Ridge. Brand new and just very very very quiet

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I imagine that with all the mincing down gravel fireroads done on 5k full sussers, most people’s bikes on here are pretty silent 😆 😀 😆

jamesfts
    Free Member

Quietest bike I’ve ever seen/not heard was the Millyard dh bike. In fact a mate very nearly got run over by it as he just didn’t hear it coming! Super impressive bits of kit.

Millyard dh bike

monkeyboyjc

My 2004 Turner Rail was the quietest bike I’ve ridden -bullet Bros chain tensioned and blackspire chain device +single pivot and black paint / anodizing = one quiet (stealthy) bike.

SirHC

Morewood Makulu with no chain (even with a chain it was quiet after all the velcro was added to chainstays and chain guides). No racket from the hope freehub and all you could hear was the tyres and suspension working.

chakaping
    Free Member

Mondrakers – Dune & Summum particularly.

The Foxy sounded like a squeaky bed in a knocking shop on Friday night.

jamj1974

My 2007 S-Works enduro was pretty silent. My Patrol is quiet too. My 2001 Intense Tracer had that monocoque sound from the seatmast – I kind of liked that though.

honourablegeorge

Sir HC – Member
    Morewood Makulu with no chain (even with a chain it was quiet after all the velcro was added to chainstays and chain guides). No racket from the hope freehub and all you could hear was the tyres and suspension working.

My Makulu had a BOS coil on it, and there was a “chirp” from the rebound circuit on every conpression. Was incredibly distracting, and always bugged me slightly, even though everything I read said it was perfectly normal.

ade9933
    Free Member

anything without hope hubs

BillMC

Maverick Ml7

nobbyq
    Free Member

my canyon spectral sounds like someone chucking a draw full of cutlery down the trail

Gotama
    Free Member

Belt drive Nicolai pinion.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Quietest full suss you have ridden?’ is closed to new replies.