• This topic has 17 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Quiet turbo trainers?
  • wa
    Free Member

Is there such a thing? My good lady is up for some indoor spinning but are there any that don't shake the whole house down with noise?

bigant

Have a jetblack products fluid one which is fairly quiet on bare floorboards. Our one year old sleeps through me using it in the next room.

walleater

'Good lady' indeed.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    AndyP
    Free Member

fluid/mag better than fan, but all are noisy-ish.
    can improve the situation by
    a) using a home trainer tyre
    b) putting something underneath (rug etc, or you can spend your hard-earned on a 'special' turbo mat.)

wa
    Free Member

Thanks all. Turbo mat?

Is that like the one I used to make to breakdance on? Made from cardboard covered in felt pen grafitti.

alexathome
    Free Member

Mines a really quiet one, i can recomend it. If it does get a bit lairy and pipe up i just shut the waldrobe door and turn the TV up. job done.

oddjob
    Free Member

Are the turbo trainer tyres worth shelling out for? I have been considering buying one, but only if it reduces the noise noticably.

igm

Does "Turbo Mat" equal £5 Tesco's carry mat?

AndyP
    Free Member

Does "Turbo Mat" equal £5 Tesco's carry mat?
    sounds about right 😉

trainer tyres – slight decrease on sound. More than anything they are harder-wearing so you don't eat through decent tyres any more.

oddjob
    Free Member

My trainer has a rubber coated roller and doesn't seem to eat tyres too much. I am also running an old tyre that won't see any more road time so I think I'll stick with that for now 🙂

chipps

Get some rollers! Pretty quiet and great potential for comedy injury too!

ianpv
    Free Member

Never predicted you'd ask for a turbo recommendation Wa! Don't cover it up and pretend it is for the missus…

MrAgreeable

Mines a really quiet one, i can recomend it. If it does get a bit lairy and pipe up i just shut the waldrobe door and turn the TV up. job done.

Is this your turbotrainer or Joe you're on about?

Richie_B

Trainer mat (bit of hardboard with a bit of off-cut carpet glued to underside) cuts down the noise alot, trainer tyres a bit more (or it would do if it wasn't on a wheel that I haven't quite got round to truing).

tazzymtb

I have mine on a camping 3 season roll mat (cheap, but effective)it nicely attenuates the noise so doesn't wake up the whole neighbourhood up at 6 in the morning! 😀

andrewh
    Free Member

Carpet off-cuts can be had for nothing if you ask nicely in carpet shops.

bigyim
    Free Member

Mine sounds like a helicopter taking off. Or so im told by the missus!!

jedi

wa, thank god for that. thought it was for you!!!!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Quiet turbo trainers?’ is closed to new replies.