Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • Quick…recommend me a good fiction book for the Mrs birthday.
  • emma82
    Free Member

God, mum gave me all the jilly coopers, whizzed through riders which I loved. Just started the next one. Have you ever read penny vincenzi? Have read a few of hers and they have all been excellent, especially the ones about the lytton family were great, three books following the family and their goings on over years and years. Really really good 🙂

emma82
    Free Member

Don’t buy the ped egg dude, she’ll kill you. How about an RC helicopter? Us girls go crazy for them 🙂 lol

chojin
    Free Member

Not even as a joke pressie – it still wouldn’t go down too well i’d imagine! Unless of course, your missus has a bloody good sense of humour :]

rockhopper70

So far, the list is.
    Night away in a nice hotel in Harrogate (afternoon tea at bettys and great french restaurant for evening meal)
    Booked in to Turkish baths the following morning for a spa session (trunks to worn!)
    Perfume
    Undies 😈
    Cd
    DVD
    Book?????
    Ped egg????
    Photo book I now think
    Jewellery, poss pandora thing to cover all future birthdays etc.
    That’s it so far.

mudpup
    Free Member

what no bike?…
    the turkish baths will do her heels.

emma82
    Free Member

Sounds good to me! You are missing a cuddly toy as mentioned before and choccies.

rockhopper70

She doesnt do bikes.
    It’s my thing for my time.

She has read penny Vincenzo and I think it’s that sort of genre I’m after.

Would a ped egg limited edition in pink be better???

rockhopper70

Ok.
    List to be updated with chocs n cuddly toy.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

ooh ermm… Victoria Hislop – the island

emma82
    Free Member

PV books are brilliant, I really enjoyed them.

NO ped egg, not even pink.

Think I’ll give the other Jodi Picoult books a miss then, haven’t read much lately, when I get a few free days I can easily get through a book, especially when on holiday.

Umm what about concert/comedian tickets or something for summer time like bikini or something? Champagne…..?? It is her big 40!!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I think ped egg would be a good joke present or a whoopie cushion! although you know her sense of humour better than we do 😉 (at least I hope so).

I do like the photobook, or if you dont’ think you’ll look at it a pic on a canvas. For Xmas I got Mr MC a pic of him riding in Morocco put onto a canvas from Tesco so wasn’t much and to be honest I was very impressedw ith the quality. Very easy to do online to upload pic and tinker with it.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Got any holidays planned? so nice funky new sunglasses??? I like the bikini idea (if she wears them). Comedian tickets good idea too!

Hey Emma why don’t we just do the hamper for him .. although I would put the pink ped egg in for comedy value!

dandelionandmurdoch
    Free Member

Ped egg?? Absolutely no idea what that is, and, frankly, a bit scared to google it in case it’s like a magic egg…

Leaving ped eggs aside, I’m reading ‘Treasure Island’ for the first time in my life (I am ashamed to have not read it before…) and it is AWESOME!!! Best of all, it features a peg leg, which, if you’re drunk, is pronounced the same as ped egg. Get her that.

I call that win-win.

emma82
    Free Member

good plan MC, I like the sunglasses idea but might be hard to chose a good pair for someone else – especially a woman! I love this sort of thing – I like buying for hubby to be at Christmas but I tend to go a bit mad!

Just one last teeny thought – anne summers? I will say nothing else but that may go down better than a ped egg (which coincidentally I had to google initially as I thought it might be something that came from Anne Summers) 😯

rockhopper70

Bikini for the summer?
    We are going to centreparcs at sherwood so not sure it would get used.
    Lol at peg leg and mrs r asking what I am up to!

rockhopper70

Sunglasses are a bit subjective aren’t they?
    Really need to try them on so surprise is gone.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Emma don’t worry I thought the ped egg was either something from Anne Summers or more honestly I thought it was similar to a She wee (eurhg do girls actually use those things? Anyway that’s a whole different thread). For the purposes of DandelionandMurdoch a ped egg is basically a pumice stone, bit of rough stone to rub the rough/tough skin off your feet don’t worry your wife won’t think you’re weird if you google it and you wont’ lose your job either. I had to use the wonder of google.

I know what you mean about sunglasses but you can give it a go and keep recipt so she can always swap and pick her own. what about a new watch? doesn’t have to be crazy expensive? there is some nice stuff out there.

Is she outdoorsy? If not into biking? Down gilet .. I love anything down so that would be a winner with me.

Is the hamper full yet? as I REALLY must get to bed since I have to be up at 0630 ……

rockhopper70

On the Anne summers topic. Are we talking “clothes” or “toys”
    Not sure either would be as much use as a ped egg, we’ve got three kids!!!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

But if you have been with Mrs RockHopper a while do you know what shae she likes? Okay bikini out .. right racking brain to think of replacement ideas 😉
    New handbag? Nice new leather wallet? Again possibly difficult to buy (well the handbag could be).

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

You have your mind set on the ped egg… go on I think it’d be great to havea joke present in there … as long as you think she’ll appreciate it!! but I suppose if she doesnt’ you can always show her this STW thread and blame it on me!

rockhopper70

Not full yet, more stocking fillers to find.
    Thanks for the female input on this so far.

emma82
    Free Member

Toys! I’m going to bed now!!!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

PMSL @ Emma

okay stocking fillers …. I think I’m going to go to bed and will sleep on it! I’ll post in the morning .. hopefully with something inspirational. but whilst I’m gone give us a few clues as to her interests/hobbies (I know you’ll probably say none with 3 kids!).

rockhopper70

We “wandered” into ragley handbag shop for a look around as I had been pointed in that direction already. She wasn’t impressed with them so that would be a big risk gift.

rockhopper70

Yes…none really as my work means I am out early and back late ish so I am looking for, I’m afraid to say, girlie nice things for her.
    Looking forward to the updates in the morning!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Not a fan of Radley but Hi Design do some nice stuff although again it depends on what she likes. I hate ANY bag that I have to hold it has to be a cross over strap so my handsa re free and not silly big.

Anyway I’m REALLY off to bed now.

emma82
    Free Member

Ok, how much money have you got? What about some GHDs? I love mine, don’t use them all the time but I would die for them I think! You could also get a really nice hairbrush set off the GHD site while you are there and a load of hair care products?? That’s going to set you back about £250 I’d think but would be nice stuff to open. Or, seeing as it’s her 40th how about a session with a photographer? Gets her hair/make up etc done then some photos taken? You’d have to google that though as I have no information on them. Also, nice moisturisers (not Sainsburys own cack)? Probably get something good from boots, ask the girls in there. If she’s into really girlie girl stuff have a look at kath kidston stuff. I’m not massively girlie but still like her bits an pieces. What about an eternity ring, still a few sales around so you could get something good? I am now officially out of ideas. Good luck!!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I had a few as stocking fillers … smelly candles, does she like baths? If so some posh bath salts/bubble bath and how about some nice new super soft pyjamas and a dressing gown ..m mmmm

i’m officially out of ideas too .

The question is did you purchase the exclusive pink ped egg last night?

callous
    Free Member

the Cloud Atlas – David Mitchell
    The time travellers wife – Audrey Nifenegger (?)

McHamish
    Free Member

For a stocking filler, I bought my wife Stardust by Neil Gaiman as she liked the film.

It seemed to go down well.

Although she seems to be obsessed with Cath Kidston stuff at the moment, so you could try that.

MrsPoddy
    Free Member

No to the ped egg, it won’t help if she has really bad heels (she needs a belt sander). Of course you could get udderly smooth for feet (not in the hamper though).
    I was given an electric shaver once by a b/f (not MrPP) – he might as well have attached a tag saying here you go hairy, merry christmas
    You are of course missing the champagne, chocolates. Good books every one seems to be raving about the Girl with the dragon tattoo (it’s a trilogy and all three are out now).
    Don’t forget the cake and balloons.

rockhopper70

Peg egg bought.
    Lots of other stuff to buy now tho to counter the flak I may?? get for doing so.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

When is her birthday? You haver to tell us if she appreciated the joke!!

grtdkad

+1 MrsPoddy
    My missus has just read the Millennium Trilogy books by Stieg Larsson

Very good apparently -all three!

rockhopper70

Early march. Just arranging for a custom scarf to be knitted in her fave colours. How thoughtful.

rockhopper70

just to update any other potential gift list searchers, the ped egg was a hit and Mrs R said that the day before her birthday she was actually toying with buying one!!!!!
    And in the Turkish Baths in Harrogate this morning she said she wished she had it with her in the hot room!
    Not sure that would be too pleasent for other visitors as the shavings don’t seem to be caught as expected!!!!!

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Quick…recommend me a good fiction book for the Mrs birthday.’ is closed to new replies.