Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Quickie..water bottles in dishwasher
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Oui 🙂

Non

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Depends. SiS. Oui.

Harry_the_Spider

Fox, Powerbar, Lucozade, Zefal… Oui.

MikeG

camelback one says fine for the top shelf only?

stgeorge

Oui

toys19
    Free Member

oui, but some of them plastics absorb some of the soap from the dw so you might want to soak overnight in clean water otherwise your water gets tainted..

jcromton
    Free Member

oui

convert

We eat lots of tomato based foods thus most of the plastic things we put in the DW (chopping boards and sports bottles) are now orange. We have only recently had a house big enough for a DW and the faff of keepig the nozzles free of black mould is sooo much better.

kilo

yes but it’s not as surefire a way of keeping them clean inside as a brush and occasional milton tab

fourbanger
    Free Member

People actually clean their waterbottles?!

Harry_the_Spider

How strange that we are discussing hygene matters using the French language.

qwerty
    Free Member

Only if I’ve pee’d in it.

Simon-E

Last year on a long ride one chap took a slug of his drink and nearly puked. He said it tasted of the tablet/powder and couldn’t drink it. I always wash mine in the sink (with Ecover or other mild w-u liquid) and never have any problems. Takes a minute or so.

If it’s juice, squash, energy drink etc don’t leave it in the bottle overnight if you can help it. A bit of mould won’t kill you or I’d have been dead years ago.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

my bladder’s got visible mould in it, presumably its dead form being rinsed with boiling water, but it’s not killed me.

njee20
    Free Member

I don’t find they come out clean, my RRP bottles often have visible mould in them after the dishwasher.

Just clean them by hand with hot water, some WUL and a brush, much easier. Having so many I tend to leave them half full of High 5 for months at a time, never yet caught anything, although I did accidentally take a huge gulp of month-old High 5 at SiTS, it’s not very nice.

toys19
    Free Member

Last year on a long ride one chap took a slug of his drink and nearly puked. He said it tasted of the tablet/powder and couldn’t drink it.

This is my issue as noted above, yuk. Clean em by hand.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Quickie..water bottles in dishwasher’ is closed to new replies.