Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Quickest way from Stansted to Gatwick or Guildford by public transport?
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

I have a pal looking to fly over for my wedding but the only flight he can manage gets him in to Stansted. What’s the fastest way to get down to Gatwick or the Guildford area?

Bearing in mind that this is on the same day as the Olympic Road race, around Guildford..

ask1974
    Free Member

Depends on the time and day. I’ve done Guildford to Stansted in under an hour and a half by car. Not the most legal of journeys but had a flight to catch… Train would be pretty difficult as you’d have to cross London.

slimjim78
    Free Member

car not an option unfortunately.
    it’ll be a morning commute, probably around 9/10am

Sandwich

Whatever he uses it’s going to be expensive. Stansted express into Liverpool Street. TFL suggest that a mid-morning trip during the week takes 50 minutes to Gatwick from Liverpool Street. So just under 2 hours from airport to airport.

hh45
    Free Member

My guess is Stansted Express to Tottenham Hale, 50 metre walk to Victoria Line (London’s best tube line most agree) then direct (8 stops) straight to Victoria Station and train to Gatwick (Express if really urgent) or for Guildford change in Oxford Circus and get Bakerloo to Waterloo and train to Guildford. If not much luggage then the changes will be fine. Not one for a wheelchair user unfortunately.

Not sure why Olympic road race should interfere.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Quickest way from Stansted to Gatwick or Guildford by public transport?’ is closed to new replies.