Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Quicker ever component breakage – 3.5secs.
  • gee
    Free Member

So after watching the video of my start line crash last weekend, it made 2 things clear…

1) I can ride a bike – crash was caused by my foot flying out of the left hand pedal – following inspection of my shoes half the cleat was missing. Looks like it sheared in half. Ouch!

2) As I crashed, my head smashed against the floor on the right hand side. I hadn’t noticed this before and didn’t feel it during the crash. I now understood why it felt like I had whiplash. After inspecting that side of my brand new that race S-Works Prevail helmet, I discovered a massive crack right through one of the beams. The helmet did a total of 3.5secs and about 50 yards before the crash!

Cue a rushed trip to the Kingston Specialized concept store to pick up a crash replacement for the National XC this weekend. Huge thanks to them and Duncs at Spesh for sorting me out with a new one on the spot! Usually it’s done via postage.

Anyone managed a quicker trashing of a brand new part??!!

GB

wwaswas

I’ve broken stuff fitting it 🙁

Hamfisted numpty doesn’t cover it.

gee
    Free Member

The fail is strong with you.

chris_db
    Free Member

Where’s the video?

njee20
    Free Member

[video]http://vimeo.com/62270439[/video]

5:28ish onwards for George being used by Chris Andrews as a speedbump!

jambon
    Free Member

Cut straight through a bead trying to open the packaging around a new tyre. In the bin still 99% wrapped.

mangatank
    Free Member

‘Ouch’ at gee’s face-plant. Headshot! Good argument for wearing a helmet.

gee
    Free Member

Jambon FTW! Still in the box.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Good work by who ever made the video thats good work for an xc race 🙂

wwaswas

That is a good film 🙂

hoodie
    Free Member

I once managed to break a mech hanger on a test ride. In the bike shop car park……

gazc
    Free Member

my mate broke the mech hanger on a new bike i had ‘giving it a bounce’ in the car park before i even had the chance to ride it (with the exception of a test ride up/down the street) q quick dash to nearest bike shop 20 odd miles away…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Quicker ever component breakage – 3.5secs.’ is closed to new replies.