Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • quick torch question… whats the chinese equivelent of…
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

an exposure diablo mk3.

a review on headtorches is being chatted about on my running clubs site, i’m right in thinking you can get a torch just as bright and about the same size from china for about a tenner?

dobo
    Free Member

I’ve no idea how bright a diablo mk3 is but i recently took a chance on a chinese headlight for less that a tenner.

its good and bad

the good
    its brighter than my alpkit gamma.
    takes 3xaaa
    its light
    its cheap

the bad
    the build quality is poor
    the battery compartment is barely sealed with a rubber cover and not in anyway water resistant
    the light angle is adjustable but not in the right place but can be fixed diy style
    the zoom is stiff and useless
    battery life unknown but suspect it will be enough for must runs

conclusion, it does the job of allowing me to run at night without breaking the bank, i think one modified for waist use with this on your head would be a great combo
    i think a backup torch would be a good idea as reliability is unknown

CountZero

The Diablo seems to be discontinued, but it was a 975Lm flashlight with a 18650 cell installed. This would be a good equivalent, http://dx.com/p/tb-d7-cree-xm-l-t6-8000k-900lm-5-mode-white-led-flashlight-1-x-18650-110262
    I’ve got one, and they’re chuffing bright!
    It’s NOT a headlight, but it could be helmet mounted at a pinch. A bit cumbersome, though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘quick torch question… whats the chinese equivelent of…’ is closed to new replies.