Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Quick Straw Poll, Winstanley bikes, shopping experience good or bad?
  • Lakes_Puma

I’ve seen a few negatives but are there some positive reviews to counter them?

ajantom

Had a bad experience back in the day, but recently had a warranty issue on a frame and they were helpful and on the ball.

MarkE25

Ordered some gore shorts a couple of months back and they arrived quickly and were b competitive on price

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    antigee

a bit slow sometimes to ship – not convinced stock a lot of what they advertise – as above had a problem with a part and they promptly shipped me a replacement component with no fuss

stevied
    Free Member

Only used them for small bits but never had a problem..

davewalsh
    Free Member

Have used them a few times but only been to the shop in person as I’m only 5 miles away. Never had any problems.

Northwind

Bit of both… If stuff’s in stock, great. If it’s not, then they’ll happily just make up an in-stock date. The Hope Hoops thing was legendary- “Yeah, we’ll definitely have them next week”, Hope say “Nope, can’t get the rims, it’ll probably be months” Next week, “Yeah, we thought we’d have them this week but DEFINITELY next week”

But I still like ’em for all that. I accidentally posted them a credit card statement with a returned helmet once and they kindly phoned up and offered to return it, that was nice 🙂

amplebrew

I bought my old Kona Unit from them and also my current Dawes Clubman and they were spot on to deal with.

They were very helpful and quick with their communication and delivery.

It is worth contacting them to check availability before ordering though, as I don’t think their website is kept up to date.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Good. Bought bike, great price, bike arrived in post quickly, no issues.

breadcrumb

A while ago but ordered some forks, after a few days I rang up to see where they were at just to be told they are out of stock. Bit annoying, an email would of been nice.

I’d still give them another chance.

weeksy

Ordered wheels, ordered shorts, both arrived, both correct. No issues.

MrNero50
    Free Member

Ordered quite a bit from them. Always what shows as in stock on the website, always delivered quickly. Ok not as fast as Merlin but quick enough.

Ordered a Chris king singlespeed hub and the rear sprocket was different to size to that advertised. Emailed them, sent it back got a replacement. No bother.

I use them as they can be cheaper than the usual suspects.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Ordered glasses, didn’t like them. Sent them back, got refund.

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

I’ve had a few things off them over the last couple of years and they’ve been good, the only gripe is the website could do with updating as it looks a bit tired now compared to others

abbot
    Free Member

My last bike was from them. Great discount and quick to deliver. Haven’t had to do anything with customers service but buying was painless

tsd
    Free Member

I got a Surly frame off them in Dec. Website showed one in stock in my size so I dropped them an email to check and they got back to me same day with confirmation. Order was all good.

Yak

Bit of both.
    Have had speedy delivery, but the wrong stuff sent. They were quick to exchange though.

DezB
    Free Member

Good here

guitarhero
    Free Member

Just got a set of Pikes off them. Great price and next day delivery.
    No complaints

davosaurusrex

Good here. Got a THE carbon full face from them for £80 last year, bargainous.

globalti
    Free Member

Mrs Gti knows the owner; he is a serious bloke and good in business. Any problems will be down to incompetence at a lower level.

funkrodent

Used them in the past with no real issues. Not as fast to turn stuff around as Merlin, and their website is sometimes a bit out of date in terms of stock levels, but they’re a business that have been around for a long time. If they do make a mistake they’ll rectify it quickly, they’re certainly not going to rip you off

deadkenny
    Free Member

Bought stuff from them before okay. Seem to recall it wasn’t speedy but I wasn’t in a rush.

Was after some X0 Trail brakes recently and to get the exact ones I wanted I was finding it tricky to find places with them in stock with the right size rotors. Winstanley claimed every single version and size is in stock and dispatch in 24 hours. I decided to not believe that as no one else could claim that, and looking at reviews their stock levels are dubious. They’re like many other online retailers where ‘in stock’ refers to what their supplier claims as they often don’t hold much stock. Only places like CRC can afford to have everything in stock, even though much of that are OEM versions.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Only used them once and it took a while for the items to arrive. Not used again.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Used them loads of times – faultless every time.

They went above and beyond to sort a warranty issue with SRAM. Highly recommended.

rj
    Free Member

Just bought Pike from them. Cheapest anywhere, said they’d be in stock in 2 weeks (before I pressed buy), arrived 5 days later. All in all, pretty good.

jonjones262
    Free Member

I ordered some Boxxers form them but when delivered a pair of Lyriks arrived.

To be fair the box did say Boxxer on the small sticky label.

I rang them and they said a courier would come the next day to collect them and they’d have to order in some Boxxers as they were now out of stock,

No courier turned up the next day. I ended up thinking the Lyriks were going to get lost in post so drove up to Wigan to drop them off and was after a refund to drive up to Merlin to buy Boxxers from there.

When I got to Wigan, they had some Boxxers in so he gave me them.

The guy also re-dished my back wheel for free to fit my Demo 8. 🙂

Sort of good/bad experience but I’d say better than bad…

All other stuff ordered in the past has been fine.

mildred

Bought a number of forks from them over the years: best price & and they delivered fairly quickly. Handled a recent warranty issue without any delay etc. can’t grumble about them at all.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Quick Straw Poll, Winstanley bikes, shopping experience good or bad?’ is closed to new replies.