Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Quick ride from Breadsall Priory?
  • Pook

Is there anything fun nearby for a quick blast from the door?

the-muffin-man

There is, but probably needs the guidance of a local to get the best of the area.

Easiest to get to and play around in is the cheeky stuff in Drum Hill just next to Breadsall.
    https://goo.gl/maps/5fHkokADEtp

There are also some woods in Coxbench here…
    https://goo.gl/maps/1GpZ9yLdZ952

Going further afield there’s the bridle path over the Chevin towards Farnah Green.

theboatman
    Free Member

The woods behind the back of Drum Hill campsite about 5mins ride from you. Bit cheeky but good for an hour or so. Just drop in on Brackley gate/ Moor lane and just follow your nose.

Oops to slow!!

iain1775
    Free Member

When you there?
    As above Drum Hill (Morley Woods – plenty on You Tube if you want an idea what it’s like)
    Can link to Chevin but needs road stretches over to Belper

MoreCashThanDash

Lots of bridleway bashing available if that’s your thing towards Ilkeston, but Drum Hill is the nearest “fun” area.

Pook

I found the stuff (and some locals) in Drum Hill.
    Brilliant, cheers all!

hammerite
    Free Member

The OH visits Denby/Kilburn relatively often, I usually just stay at home, but could go with her for a change of riding. Would Drum Hill be the best place to head or The Chevin (as we’ll have transport)?

sprocker
    Free Member

Drum Hill more of playing in a wood where the chevin can be strung into a route with blackbrook/Ambergate area or link drum hill into the chevin.

iain1775
    Free Member

The OH visits Denby/Kilburn relatively often, I usually just stay at home, but could go with her for a change of riding. Would Drum Hill be the best place to head or The Chevin (as we’ll have transport)?

with transport – Blackrocks, Ambergate and Crich Chase

Pook

I stopped filming when some (very friendly, supportive, encouraging and welcoming lads) appeared on the trail and showed me the lines.

[video]http://vimeo.com/173679556[/video]

hammerite
    Free Member

Thanks, will take a look next time she goes up.

I used to live in Oakwood and Black Rocks, Shining Cliffs etc… Were regular routes for running. I didn’t venture out on a bike too often then, but I never used to notice any trails (not that I was looking).

iain1775
    Free Member

They are all cheeky (some very) hammerite but plenty there

MoreCashThanDash

Drum Hill looks very nice in that film.

Last time I rode up there it was around Bonfire Night, pitch black, surprisingly sloppy under tyre, and the Scouts were having a very loud and erratic fireworks display at the camp site.

But we did see three species of owl in one night – tawny, little and barn. Only time I’ve seen a barn owl flying in the wild, made it a magical ride.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Quick ride from Breadsall Priory?’ is closed to new replies.