Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Quick response needed. Should I ride?
  • SaxonRider

I have had an unspeakably tiring weekend, and am now paying for it with a very sore lower back.

I am now sitting here with my lap top trying to decide if I should kit up and go for a road ride.

My situation? I did ride into work today, and having taken a 40 minute nap when I got home, am now marginally less tired than I have been all day. But my back, especially on the lower right side above the hip, remains tender.

The thing is, because we spent Sunday and Monday celebrating, I have pigged out on chocolate, meat, and booze, and now feel like a fat, lazy lump.

So, should I stay resting for the sake of my back and ride with greater intensity tomorrow? Or should I go for a lighter ride tonight just to get my legs spinning? Will this risk agitating my back unnecessarily?

I am 50/50 on this right now, so your advice would be helpful.

postierich
    Free Member

you will probably do more damage sitting on a sofa maybe go for a swim works for me when suffering with back ache.

senorj

Go for a gentle poodle. I bet your back feels better afterwards.
    Plus you can eat more chocolate at the weekend. 🙂

imnotverygood

Go for a walk

mattyfez

Rest.. I had an off Saturday morning and could barely walk due to a bruised knee.. I’m sure I’d not have recovered if I’d have ridden Monday, I’m fine now, well a very tiny bit of discomfort.

If your body hurts, it’s telling you something! Don’t make it worse for a bit of calorie counting. A lazy/pig out weekend is nothing in the grand scheme if your fairly active, and you could complicate your injury.

Sorry, misread the post, so your basically a bit stiff, just take it easy and do a warm up/maintenance/leisure ride rather than trying to break any records!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Go for a gentle poodle.

senorj

I meant pootle. Not as humorous though:-)

chiefgrooveguru

Don’t go road riding, go mountain biking – it’s much better for your back (and more fun!)

rockstar101
    Free Member

One or two days eating crap isn’t going to see you pile the pounds on. If your that tired I’d listen to what your body’s telling you – it may also be linked to your binge if you normally eat healthily. Have a couple of early nights, eat clean and relax, your body won’t recover properly whilst your warn out anyway.

SaxonRider

Thanks all. I agree with the swim idea, but unfortunately, that’s not possible.

I decided to stay in and work on my commuter bike with my son, as my back just seems to be getting worse.

Hopefully, after a night on the heating pad, I’ll be better in the morning.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Coke and hookers.. Get the right stuff and you won’t even feel your face never mind your back….

vickypea
    Free Member

Hope your back is better soon. I exacerbated mine by tripping over my bag and falling headlong onto a tiled floor on Friday. Rested it for 2 days and it felt a lot better yesterday, only to fall off my mtb yesterday and re-jolt it!

SaxonRider

Yikes, vickypea! Thanks for the kind words, but do take care of yourself!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Quick response needed. Should I ride?’ is closed to new replies.