Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Quick question. Where is East Anglia; Considered by you to be North or South?
  • JoB
    Free Member

it’s East

the bit at the bottom is in the South and the bit at the top is in the North

scotroutes

It’s on the East coast and, for England at least, it’s in the middle.

That makes it the Middle East.

Poopscoop

It’s north of me, being in Kent.

Though I consider it still to be in the south.

Just like the south of the USA it has lots of inbreeding leading to banjo playing children.

Bregante

It’s nowhere. Or, to be more precise – the arse end of nowhere.

sadexpunk

just had to google to see if it was even still ‘a place’ today, i remember anglia telly back in the day and considered EA to just be norfolk and suffolk. i live in lincoln and consider lincolnshire, norfolk and suffolk to just be ‘the east’.

breadcrumb

South, the same as any place below Penrith.

strike
    Free Member

Lincolnshire is the North. Norfolk is the South.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Oh come on guys!
    We’ve done this one to death. There is a definitive answer to this question.
    It’s well documented and clearly defined within Stuart Maconie’s seminal work on the subject, “Pies and Prejudice: In search of the North”.
    The North undeniably begins in… Crewe

willard

East.

The North begins at the Watford Gap and ends at Berwick, where it becomes The South again.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Half of it is basically London, so it’s the south.

mogrim

You have to cross the Thames to get there: it’s The North.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Watford Gap ? 😆
    You have missed out the whole of the Midlands !( in the south)
    Being generous ..Hull across to Manchester and beyond is where I would say is North on a bad day.
    On a good day it’s from Scotch Corner across to Penrith…when Yorkshire & Lancashire are then southern northerners as a token gesture.
    Obviously we are talking England & Wales here and not the wild untamed lands beyond the northern most border ..

whitestone
    Free Member

It’s the east (but is in the south). It’s not the south east because they don’t have that horrible esturine accent.

The north (of England) lies north of a line between the Mersey and the Humber. South of that is the Midlands (which is actually a buffer zone to protect us from southerners), where that ends and the sarf begins is anyone’s guess and isn’t really of any importance. 😆

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I’m on the South Coast and it took 5 hours driving North to get to Norfolk at Christmas.

darrell
    Free Member

A few years ago when a pal from Manchester came up to stay with me he was somewhat annoyed to be describe as from down south. I live in Edinburgh”

you are all shandy drinking southerners to me

waves from Norway

hodgynd
    Free Member

Horatio..all that means is that you travelled from the deep south up to the regular south .. 😉

slowbloke
    Free Member

There are only 2 things you need to know about East Anglia.

1. Never go east of Lowestoft
    2. The trig point in Little Ouse reads -1.5m

DezB
    Free Member

No idea. Is it near East Virginia?

whitestone
    Free Member

2. The trig point in Little Ouse reads -1.5m

Indeed it does

Watty

I’m in Suffolk and considering we get all sorts of weird places like Milton Keynes mentioned on our BBC so called ‘local’ news, I’m going to say that East Anglia is the East East Midlands.

miketually
    Free Member

It’s only about 100 miles from That London. South.

bigjim

Edinburgh is south for me

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Quick question. Where is East Anglia; Considered by you to be North or South?’ is closed to new replies.