Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Quick question – iPhone/iCloud/photos
  • Duane…
    Free Member

Hi all,

Mum has an iphone which is currently backing up photos to iCloud. She has run out of space on iCloud, so I figure it’s easies to just stop backing up to iCloud, and back up the her laptop whenever she plugs it in.

If I just turn off iCloud, and tell it to delete all backed up photos on iCloud, will there be any problems? It’s saying I have 30 days to download the photos, surely there is the original copy of them all on the phone already?

Thanks,
    Duane

brant
    Free Member

Easier for who?

Increase storage on iCloud is less than £1 a month isn’t it?

Duane…
    Free Member

For both of us. Plugging the phone into the laptop every now and then isn’t that hard I don’t think 🙂

zilog6128

Harder than spending 79p per month for 10x the storage space & no worries IMO

the-muffin-man

I’d still do a hard-copy back up as well as iCloud anyway.

At some stage you’ll fill up the phone and have to delete photos off there. You’ve then got iCloud as the only place your photos are saved.

I’d do both though backup every couple of weeks to PC and pay for extra cloud storage (so use something like Flikr which gives 1TB of free photo storage).

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP take care as deleting photos in one place has a habit of deleting them everywhere. I can’t say for sure as I have akways backed up to iPhoto.

@zilog you’re paying for iConvenience as there are many free online equivalents with 1tb of storage, eg as per @the-muffin above

To be honest most of us would be better off if we deleted the 100’s if not 1000’s of rubbish and duplicate photos we have

brant
    Free Member

Of course Google Photo storage is free. Though not at the super hi res.
    Search facility is amazing. It can tell difference between llama and alapaca itself without me telling it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Quick question – iPhone/iCloud/photos’ is closed to new replies.