Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Quick question – drink related… Hic… Charity bar and shots.
  • freddyg
    Free Member

I’m running a bar at a charity event over the weekend.

A couple of younger types have asked if there’ll be ‘shots’ available. Being a middle-aged-IT-bod, I know nowt about such things. Beer, spirits and wine – yes. Shots – no.

I don’t want to go daft and buy in a load of stuff we won’t sell, but would like 3 or 4 popular choices. I was thinking along the lines of Tequila, Sambuca… Any others?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jagermeister! Some kind of alcopop type “sourz” thing…the more brightly coloured the better (and probably cheaper for you to buy). I’m not sure the youngsters are really doing Tequila or Sambuca anymore.

freddyg
    Free Member

Thanks DD – I was wondering about Sambuca – I wasn’t going to ignite it either so I’ll drop this.

Doesn’t Jaegermeister need to be served chilled?

peterfile
    Free Member

All the kids love Jaeger bombs, so get some redbull too.

scaredypants

All the kids love Jaeger bombs, so get some redbull too.

2 wrongs can make a right after all ?

luke
    Free Member

Personally I’d avoid shots as it can get messy, but potentially good for profit as well 😕

Imabigkidnow
    Free Member

Jager (Bombs)
    Tequila (slammers)

will do the job alone .. shooters are generally more a type of feminine-drinking – masochism anyway (IMO)
    maybe a little more erm ..not daring as such but maybe controversial for a charity bar

Absinthe
    Vodka (Jello) shots if you can find em/bother to make em

tomhoward

Absinthe

…leads to trouble…. 60%-80% plus with an added haloucinogen (spelling?) 😯

Jager (and plenty of redbull/cheap 3rd party equivalent)
    Sambuca
    A brightly coloured one, once people move on to it, they won’t care what it is… (also these sort, sourz and the like, are generally not as high alcohol as proper spirits, which mightn’t be the worst thing ever)

tbh you might find that they just do shots of the spirits you put on.

johndoh
    Free Member

If you get sambuca, get the black stuff. It looks more sophistamacated and they go for that shit.

nigew
    Free Member

All the kids by me drink Bucameister, part Jagermeister and part Black Sambuca, tastes like shit but they seem to like it 😆
    Or try ’em with Gltterbombs, goldschlager and Redbull/ Monster

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Quick question – drink related… Hic… Charity bar and shots.’ is closed to new replies.