Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Quick Q re: Subject Access Requests
  • TheFlyingOx

I’m required to do a fair bit of training in my current role, basically an SVQ level 3. There is the opportunity to have a gap-analysis performed based on previous experience/training which will potentially reduce the amount of work I need to do significantly. My previous employer won’t release the training/competence information that is required for my current employer to perform the gap analysis but won’t give me a reason why. There are no trade secrets involved, it’s literally a huge file of evidence stating “I observed The Flying Ox perform pre-start checks on gas compressor C-xxx then proceed to successfully start the same and hand over control to the central control room. He followed procedure xxx, checking points a, b & c and ensuring conditions d, e & f were satisfied. I am satisfied that The Flying Ox has achieved the required level of competence within the remit of this section. Signed, J Bloggs.”

Will a SAR force them to release the information?

bails

Under the data protection act don’t they have to release any information they hold about you? You could use that. There can be a charge but it should be less than £10.

dannybgoode

I thought it was any personal data they held about you. I am not entirely sure that the above would fall under that.

Worth a try though but it just sounds like your current employer is being difficult for the sake of it and may just get away with it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    konabunny
    Free Member
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Quick Q re: Subject Access Requests’ is closed to new replies.