Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Quick Q – Anyone know how much a Dialled Prince Albert 853 weighs?
  • spock
    Free Member

Anyone know how much a dialled prince albert 853 weighs? Less than a 456?

Thanks,
    Sam

cynic-al
    Free Member

IIRC my Alpine was 5.5lb? Picked up a standard PA tthe other day, it was not light.

Not sure if that’s helpful, but I feel like I’ve contributed 😀

leggyblonde
    Free Member

If you’re worried about the weight, you’re looking at the wrong frame.

mine 520 PA weighs less than my big bike, but more than my road bike.

nuke

Not sure if that’s helpful, but I feel like I’ve contributed

Following on from this sentiment, when i weighed my bare PA frame (Medium & 520) it was 5.25lb (My 16″ Inbred 853 is 1/2lb lighter than the PA) 😀

spock
    Free Member

Just so long as its below 5.5lbs, it is 853 after all!

thanks for the replies

Wally

I sold a baby blue 853PA on here recently, one of the 100. Wipes away a tear.
    below 5.5lbs ….maybe by a wisker, but one hell of a nice ride. None have ever broken – according to Mike at Dialled. Even the one that fell off a roof rack at speed.

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

AFAIK 853 wasn’t used to achieve a big weight saving but for an increased strength (something in an old BM review). To roll out some trite MTB phrase “it rides lighter than it feels”, speaking of a mk1 PA, not an 853 although as I understand it only major change was material and losing the dinky tube behind the HT. HOwever, it’s true and it rode very well.

I really liked mine but managed to get a Morning Glory to replace it with 😎

The 853 Prince Alberts (which were just a run of 100 frames around 2005) probably weighed a tad under 5.5lbs.

As far as I’m aware, 1 is out of service now, but the other 99 are still going strong.

The current Reynolds 725 Prince Albert is actually the lightest version of the Prince Albert ever and was also the first to obtain a fully compliant CEN report back in 2009.

Tom83

I love my prince albert (mk1 purple). Built up without thinking about the weight, but love how it rides!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Quick Q – Anyone know how much a Dialled Prince Albert 853 weighs?’ is closed to new replies.