• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by hora.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Quick Q! 6' task rider, ok on a Medium Orange 5?
  • Poopscoop

Sorry to ask a question that’s been asked before no doubt but can’t find an answer on Google for a more modern 5 frame, only the older ones.

The frame is a 2015 so geometry is pretty much identical to very latest frames.

Thanks for any info guys!

tomhoward

I’d have thought a large would be a better fit, unless you like particularly short frames.

chestrockwell

As above, I would have thought large would be better although you may be able to make it work. I’m 6″2′ and had a couple of large before finally admitting to myself I needed XL. Both my large 5 and Alpine 5 29 fit but I was right on the limit with no room to adjust.

bonzodog
    Free Member

Large.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Large person in “needing large frame” shocker.

Poopscoop

Thanks for the three helpful replies guys! 🙂

As for your reply cynical, why bother to nip into a thread that is obviously below your considerable intellect just to leave an unoriginal sarcastic reply?
    Why not be the bigger man and just move onto the next thread that does merit your infinite wisdom. Just an idea my friend.

Anyway…

Interestingly, the 5 has a longer effective tt than my current large, 6 year old Marin Attack Trail…. Though that was no doubt designed to use a longer stem than the Orange. How things change. 🙂

Thanks again guys!

takisawa2

Large.
    I’m 5’8 – 5’9″ & wouldn’t want my Medium any smaller.

andyg1966

Long top tubes are meant for short stems, effective handlebar reach is still the same. I’m 5’11 with a 2016 18″ large and 50mm stem. Spot on. Had a 2011 18″ with an 80mm stem.

Poopscoop

Thanks guys, really appreciated.

Looks like it has to be a no go the medium. Drat.

transition1
    Free Member

Large or even XL
    Orange website says a medium frame would fit someone 5ft 6″
    I expect the medium frame is similar size to your old Large Frame in TT length but would need a 150 or even 170mm dropper as its only a 17″ frame. I bet your current large frame is not 17″ seat tube.

IHN

Ask yourself – am I Hora?

If so, go for it.
    If not, don’t.

Poopscoop

Transition1, very true, current frame has much longer seat tube.

Ask yourself – am I Hora?
    If so, go for it.
    If not, don’t.

No, definitely not Hora! Lol

hora
    Free Member

Try it in person. I took a chance on a medium Commy V4 in March 2015. It’d still here. I love the long toptube and shorter seat tube. Still low and slack.

Yes you should look at recommended sizing but that’s all it is, recommended. Live alittle’, trust your sensors not a (effectively) strangers preference on the net.

I rode a 18″ Five it felt fine.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Quick Q! 6' task rider, ok on a Medium Orange 5?’ is closed to new replies.