Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Quick PS3 problem help
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I know I could google this but I feel it’ll take a while and there’s an urgent situation, so I’m trying here first.

I did have the PS3 plugged into HDMI, but I brought it to Germany and I plugged it into the TV via s-video and it macht nicht. Black screen.

How I can I reset the video output settings? I am hoping the TV is still PAL so I hopefully I can still see something..

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh wait I think I found it.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

If I remember correctly it blacks out for 30 seconds then asks you to press x to confirm s-video after it auto detects.

McHamish
    Free Member

I sometimes have a problem with my PS3 where the HDMI connection stops working.

Usually if I connect with the component leads and connect and confirm standard definition. Then connect via HDMI, the PS3 usually detects the HDMI connection and after you confirm the HD signal it works fine.

I used to get the problem every now and then, although it hasn’t happened for a ages – perhaps it was fixed in an update.

wwaswas

Maybe someone stole your PS3’s soul along with your personal and credit card details?

molgrips
    Free Member

Good news – the hold button down thing worked and Mrs Grips is now playing Oblivion whilst Meg sleeps. Mission accomplished, thanks lads.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

McHamish do you have a fat PS3? There’s a known batch with dodgy HDMI ports, only a small number were sold in UK.

McHamish
    Free Member

I do yes. Thanks for the info, I’ll search for some details.

CountZero

Maybe someone stole your PS3’s soul along with your personal and credit card details?

*snigger*

MrsToast
    Free Member

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Quick PS3 problem help’ is closed to new replies.