Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 593 total)
  • Quick poll. Who you voting for tomorrow?
  • fifeandy
    Free Member

I’ve actually seen very little campaigning from the SNP which has been disappointing

That’s because their entire force of activists have been leaflet/letter bombing NE Fife.

kerley
    Free Member

Tricky one. In a 60% Tory seat, Labour came 3rd in 2015 after UKIP (15%) but Lib Dem came 3rd in 2010 before they made their pact with the devil and lost all their seats.

So could Lib Dem get back ahead of labour in 2017, polls wouldn’t suggest they have made any difference.

And all this tactical thinking to try and work out who could come 3rd. So voting Labour because that is who I want to be in power.

Dolcered

SNP. Already voted.

scud
    Free Member

Labour, cannot help but think that 90% of Tory politicians seem to make every decision based on personal gain and that politics to them seems to be a stepping stone to seat on a large board of directors. In addition my wife works for the NHS and is slowly watching it fall apart around her.

Plus i can’t forgive the Tories for the way they handled Brexit, Cameron running away as soon as it didn’t go his way, no exit plan whatsoever and May/BoJo both stating they were for Remain in the months leading up to vote, only to switch when it suited their careers.

Corbyn isn’t perfect, Abbott is a bit of a PR disaster, but i genuinely feel that he will look to place the UK as a whole’s interests at heart, and that he isn’t just in it for personal gain.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

UKIP, a.k.a The guard dogs of Brexit. I’m just sad I can’t vote for their candidate that wants to bring back the guillotine.

Just kidding.

I live in one of the safest of safe seats, Theresa May could eat a baby on live TV and it would still be a Tory landslide round here. So yeah, I’ll see how I feel tomorrow.

For the people that want to take part, but feel that they can’t choose, or feel obliged to vote for the “least worst” party, remember you can spoil your vote. An important option that I feel the South Park episode “Giant Douche vs Turd Sandwich” failed to bring to the table.

Murray

LibDem in attempt to prevent hard Brexit.

Will probably end up with a Conservative MP due to 23,920 majority in last election (lowest ever was 10,416).

scotroutes

franksinatra – Member
    Tactically voting Tory. Only to get SNP out. I could probably vote Labour except for the fact that round here that would be a wasted vote.

This is the position I find most incomprehensible. If the Tories were to end up on a one seat majority, and that was due to your vote, would you be happy?

mogrim

No vote – >15 years out of the country. And no vote here in Spain as I’m not Spanish. Which is a bit unfair I reckon as Brexit is likely to have a huge influence on my life, and that’s ignoring the friends and family I have in the UK who need an NHS, police, etc. etc.

wrightyson
    Free Member

So I’m not alone in changing to the reds. I never thought I’d see the day, but after the last few weeks of seeing the inside walls of hospitals as a next of kin, the on going “terror” situation and general **** up ness of the country I feel I can’t go on voting that way.

GrahamS

If it was PR then I’d probably vote LibDem, but it isn’t and they absolutely no hope in my constituency so I’ll vote Labour (with only a little nose holding) as they have at least a very, very small chance against the massive Blue vote here.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Green.

Would probably have been LibDem but they aren’t standing locally (progressive/antibrexit pact with green).

I’d probably hold my nose and vote labour (2nd in constituency) if they had a cat in hell’s chance of winning, but they don’t. Safe tory seat.

prawny

The guy on the right, as it happens he’s standing for Labour – if he’d been standing as a lib dem I’d have voted for him too, it was a toss up TBH, but Lib dem have very little chance of getting in round my way.

jimdubleyou

cannot help but think that 90% of Tory politicians seem to make every decision based on personal gain and that politics to them seems to be a stepping stone to seat on a large board of directors

TBH, that was the impression I got the last time Labour were in.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Must stop the Tories.
    Usually vote green.. The green candidate has stood down to give the best chance to the labour candidate.
    Vote Labour.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Will reluctantly give my vote to the SNP this time.

mrblobby
    Free Member

TBH, that was the impression I got the last time Labour were in.

The last lot weren’t really Labour though.

austin
    Free Member

I’m voting Labour with a certain degree of enthusiasm but there’s very little chance they’ll get in in my true-Blue rural Suffolk seat (53% Tory in 2015).

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

SNP

Last time at Holyrood I voted with my principles and went Green. Got Ruth Davidson as my MSP after the anti-tory vote got split.

If I didn’t live in Scotland I’d vote Labour. But I don’t trust the UK as a whole to never vote Tory or UKIP again (even in the improbable event that Labour win this one) so unfortunately Scottish Independence has to be my main goal – my political views are diametrically opposed to so many people in the UK I’m in a minority, but my views are shared more widely in Scotland making them the majority within that electorate.

Then I’ll knuckle down to voting green again.

mikey74
    Free Member

Labour

poah
    Free Member

voting for the SNP.

brassneck

LibDem on the basis they are the only ones who are even offering a possibility of not leaving – plus I broadly agree with many of their other policies .. so whilst I’d be Labour at heart (I even take the Guardian .. we accidentally had a distribution list from the paper shop left in our copy once, only 2 Guardians from 500 deliveries and we know who the other was :-D), Brexit is a big enough issue to move me.

But with Conservatives returning 58% last time and UKIP second with 14% … I’m not hopeful my voice will be heard 😆

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Labour, vive la révolution.

cheers_drive

Lib Dem, the centre ground always seams to be the best place to be politically.
    Would vote Labour if it was them or the Tories in my local seat, as it everywhere outside of Ely in South East Cambs votes for the farmers favourites the Conservatives.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Anyone totting up the answers?
    😆

timc
    Free Member

Labour in a Labour safe seat on Merseyside. In an ideal world, Green.

I still think the Tories will win comfortably in the end, but if Labour can close the overall vote Margin the momentum can stand them in good stead moving forward (hopefully)

loddrik
    Free Member

Peter Kropotkin

ElVino

Labour here not that it matters as it is a safe seat for them. Voted for Lib Dems once but since they propped up the Tories in Government they are dead to me.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Every day on the way home I pass the place where James Keir Hardie was born. The constituency I live in has returned a Labour MP to parliament at every election for 60 odd years.
    For 31 of those years our MP for an industrial steel town in Central Scotland was a Cambridge graduate from Bath called Jeremy who no-one I ever met had ever seen in the flesh.
    During his tenure, the Thatcher government utterly destroyed the industry that supported the local economy and the town along with it.
    The Labour party were utterly inneffectual in either preventing this or making any real effort to restore the economic prospects of the area in the 25 years afterwards.
    Keir Hardie must be absolutely knackered after all the grave spinning he’s had to endure over the years.

I’ve felt more represented in the last two years, than in the previous 43, by my current MP who lives in the town and is a familiar sight in the area.
    I’ll be voting SNP to keep her in a job.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I live in a very safe Tory constituency in the rural south east of England. However, if the lack of (intact) conservative banners and the number of Labour/Lib Dem banners are anything to go by, times are a changin’.

A lot of local residents are very, very angry that their Tory MP won’t fight on our behalf to keep our local A&E dept open.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Lib-Dem, as they made big gains when CallMeDave Cameron stood down and I can’t see Labour ever taking Witney.

freeagent
    Free Member

I voted Tory in 2010 and 2015.. Boris Johnson’s younger brother is our MP and does a decent job.

However, the Brexit thing has annoyed me, and since 2015 the Torys have gone a bit too Alan B’stard for my liking, with her suggestion that they might bring back fox hunting being the final straw.
    So I’m voting Lib-Dem this week.

Partly as a tactical vote, because Labour have no chance in Orpington, and partly because they are the only party talking sense on Brexit. (ie don’t do it)

FWIW I think the Tories will win – but not by nearly as much as May wanted..

Cougar

Under normal circumstances I’d be voting LDs, but these aren’t normal circumstances. (Not that I have any allegiance to a particular party, just LDs and Greens are talking the most sense at the moment.)

The worst possible outcome for this GE is a Tory win. It’d be a green light for May’s deal or no deal Brexit, the people have spoken. The only way to do anything about that is to unseat the Tories; whilst the Labour “opposition” isn’t all that compelling either currently it’ll still be preferable to what we have now.

I live in a Labour-held constituency which is closely contested by the Tories – in the last election there was a couple of hundred votes in it. The LDs, Greens, everyone else are minorities, tens of thousands behind the big two. The only vote for me that makes any sense is to vote Labour to try and prevent the Tories winning a seat here.

The views of individual candidates are an irrelevance, getting a pro-EU MP in won’t make a fig of difference to anything if the Tories win again, they will all just do as they’re told anyway. If they were the strongest threat to the Tories in my constituency I’d be voting UKIP.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Voted Lib Dem by post last week. Pointless voting Labour round here, I saw a monkey in a blue tie the other day & people were cheering. (Harrogate MP)
    I am actually more of a middle ground person anyway. I’m a prison officer, my wife’s a nurse & my stepdaughter’s a teacher so like any of us would vote blue!
    Driving around the Harrogate area I’ve noticed quite a few orange posters in windows supporting Helen Flynn, so it might be closer than Andrew Jones would like. Hopefully.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Labour. Never voted for them before, but if it means getting rid of the Tories, then I’m in.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Labour. Since the boundaries changed ours has become a fairly safe Tory seat but you never know a slim chance is better than none so I’ll make my mark all the same.

sweepy
    Free Member

I’d love to vote for Corbyn, just to show that despite being undermined by all sides he is electable. I’ve got a lot of respect for him.
    However it’ll be SNP as the Tories are trying to make it about Indyref 2 here, and there are people here who would vote for Satan himself (or herself, sorry Stan) to prevent that.

BruceWee

SNP. If I wasn’t voting in Scotland it would be Labour, a party I have never voted for in the past.

I understand why voters in Scotland would vote Labour or Lib-dem even if they had some independence leanings but I can’t for the life of me figure out how anyone could vote Tory.

igm

Well that’s about 50 votes for “anyone but the Maybot” – how many more do we need?

Conflicted here. Evil Tory incumbent with a huge majority. Labour second in 2015. But in 2010 (pre-coalition and LD collapse) it was a Con-LD marginal.

I’d vote for whomever has the best chance or removing the excuse for a proxy slip of a Tory we have (except when he has a chance to vote nasty of course).
    I suspect the votes of the righteous will split between LD and Labour and let Beelzebub’s junior assistant back in.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

If they were the strongest threat to the Tories in my constituency I’d be voting UKIP.

Steady on fella. Sit down, have a nice cup of tea and a biscuit and think about what you’ve done.

Well that’s about 50 votes for “anyone but the Maybot” – how many more do we need?

Sadly, as the brexit vote proved we are really not very representative of the general population.

BoardinBob

The real horror is the scenario where the projected 9 seats the SNP are going to lose end up going to the Tories and ultimately Scotland ends up giving them the majority they need to form parliament 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 593 total)

The topic ‘Quick poll. Who you voting for tomorrow?’ is closed to new replies.