Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Quick phone upgrade question
  • stayhigh

Evening all

I’ve had an email from Carphone Warehouse telling me I am eligible for an early upgrade. I want to change provider so does anyone know if I have to contact my current provider and inform thm I am cancelling then wait for the actual termination date or can i just rock and roll to a new one now?

I’m guessing the answer is to speak to them directly however I’m working nights and there’s no bugger there!

Thanks al

nickdavies

Early upgrade = get them in for another 2 years before they realise their contracts nearly up and get a better deal elsewhere.

If you move they’re going to hold you to the full term. It was a struggle to get out of EE 3 months before the end of contract and they’d turned a mast off so we couldn’t even use the phones by then!

stayhigh

Getting a better deal is one of the reasons for moving 😉

Cougar

I’d expect you’d have to pay off the rest of your contract if you were to leave early. That’s kind of how contracts work (O2 being a special case as they separate out the phone repayments from the line tariff).

scandal42
    Free Member

No such thing as an upgrade anymore, I have had to leave Three for the last 2 times in order to rejoin them on a new deal because they are utterly crap with upgrading.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Agree with Scandal…I’ve just left O2 to rejoin O2 via a reseller as the deal was so much better. Just had to migrate number between the two contracts but I was at the end of my term.

Ignore the early upgrade, sit out the last month(s) of your current contract and start from scratch somewhere cheaper than carphonewarehouse. Try their online arm http://www.mobiles.co.uk as a starter.

dannybgoode

Just for clarity mobiles.co.uk is a subsidiary of carphonewhorehouse. Their offers though are generally better than their parent company’s and do make the whole claiming cash back etc pretty easy.

Couple of things to note-O2 refresh is only available from O2 directly and if you buy directly from the provider you tend to get better data allowances etc for the same headline monthly fee BEFORE any free gifts etc are taken into account.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Quick phone upgrade question’ is closed to new replies.