Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Quick pasta recipes…
  • mikey74
    Free Member

… for post ride meals.

Any good suggestions?

Jamie
    Free Member

Buy stir in sauce.

Cook pasta.

Open jar.

Stir into pasta.

Eat.

p.s Sacla make some really nice ones.

wooobob

Tuna pasta sweetcorn cheese – hot – stir in a bit of mayo – pepper

Oldie but a goodie

Drac

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Carbonara – fry bacon, onion and garlic in oil whilst boiling pasta.

When they are all cooked, toss together with egg and Parmesan.

Simple as.

allthepies
    Free Member
    mikey74
    Free Member

Hahaha good suggestions: I like Tuna so may have to give that one a go.

I should have mentioned that I generally prefer to stay away from store-bought sauces.

_tom_
    Free Member

Tuna pasta sweetcorn cheese – hot – stir in a bit of mayo – pepper

This was a uni favourite of mine 🙂

Also: pasta, green pesto, veg (anything, I like sweetcorn, peppers and tomatoes), chicken – pre-cooked if you want it quick.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

heat oil in pan
    add chopped garlic
    add chopped anchovies, capers and crushed chillis
    add some water from the boiling pasta
    add halved cherry toms and chopped parsley
    add pasta

BOOM as they say!

If you use thin pasta ie vermicelli (sp?) it’ll take less than 10 mins unitl you’re stuffing it into your face.

wooobob

Anchovies are ace. As are chillis and capers. You can’t go far wrong with that one.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Boil some tortellini, add some olive oil, a handfull of chillies, maybe some oregano/basil and then eat.

MrNutt
    Free Member

al-dente spaghetti. sweet red peppers, cut once lengthways then finely sliced, some garlic, bit of oil, fry till soft. Add a tin of tomato, season, some sugar to taste, reduce. whilst thats happening steam some sliced leek. chuck it all in a bowl with some black olives and parma ham & Parmigiano-Reggiano shavings, then eat.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Tin of chopped tomatoes with chili flakes and some fresh basil – heat through and serve with linguini.

Feeling adventurous? Buy some Ikea meatballs and add them to the tommy sauce above.

Philby

Gently fry a few finely chopped onions
    Add crushed garlic
    Add a few chilli flakes or something else with a little piquancy (e.g.tabasco)
    Add chopped capers (optional)
    Add half a packet of the Seafood Cocktail / Selection(mussels, prawns and squid) that you get in supermarkets
    Add a couple of spoonfuls of (half fat)creme fraiche and stir in
    Add black pepper
    When gently bubbling add pasta.

Only takes as long as the pasta cooks

joolsburger
    Free Member

Mushrooms garlic bacon fry in olive oil add chopped parsely pot of creme freche and splash of lemon juice season and add to pasta.

matthewjb
    Free Member

I made this pasta from Jamie’s 30 minute meals last night.

Surprisingly it did take less than 30 minutes. It will probably take as long to read the very wordy recipe. Serves 4.

INGREDIENTS

4 spring onions
    1 carrot
    1 stick of celery
    1-2 fresh red chillies
    1 x 6-pack of good-quality sausages (approx. 400g)
    1 heaped teaspoon fennel seeds
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    500g dried penne
    4 cloves of garlic
    4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
    1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
    A few sprigs of Greek basil, or regular basil

Trim the spring onions, carrot and celery. Roughly chop all the vegetables, then blitz in the food processor with the chillies (stalks removed). Add the sausages, 1 heaped teaspoon of fennel seeds and 1 teaspoon of oregano. Keep pulsing until well mixed, then spoon this mixture into the hot frying pan with a lug of olive oil, breaking it up and stirring as you go. Keep checking on it and stirring while you get on with other jobs.

Put a large deep saucepan on a low heat and fill with boiled water. Fill and reboil the kettle. Top up the saucepan with more boiled water if needed. Season well then add the penne and cook according to packet instructions, with the lid askew.

Crush 4 unpeeled cloves of garlic into the sausage mixture and stir in 4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and the tinned tomatoes. Add a little of the starchy cooking water from the pasta to loosen if needed.

Drain the pasta, reserving about a wineglass worth of the cooking water. Tip the pasta into the pan of sauce and give it a gentle stir, adding enough of the cooking water to bring it to a silky consistency. Taste, correct the seasoning, then tip into a large serving bowl and take straight to the table with the rest of the Parmesan for grating over. Scatter over a few basil leaves.

garage-dweller

Another vote for carbonara

Or fry/roast a combination of 2-5 of these in olive oil
    Courgette
    Mushroom
    Red Onion
    Fresh tomatoes (cherry other small ones whole)
    Pepper
    With garlic / choice of herbs (I like oregano)
    Chilli flakes (if desired)
    Toss with freshly cooked pasta and add a splash of balsamic vinegar if you like.

This is not haute cuisine but it 15 a minute tasty meal including chopping.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Carbonara…the proper way

Boil Linguine or Spaghetti meanwhile fry some pancetta lardons in some oil until edges are crispy turn off heat, add 3 egg yokes to a bowl mix in creme fraiche or cream and a large handful of grated parmesan and black pepper, drain pasta and add to frying pan with pancetta and mix well then add creme fraiche etc and mix. Eat

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

flippinheckler… all my research says… that ain’t the proper way.

No cream, not ever.

matthewjb
    Free Member

No cream, not ever.

The River Cafe recipe uses cream. Carluccio doesn’t

Oggles
    Free Member

Wholemeal / spelt pasta
    Tuna
    Feta Cheese
    Olive oil
    Balsamic vinegar

ronjeremy
    Free Member

+1 for spelt pasta, I normally just stir in some pesto once cooked and maybe some chilli as well, I find with spelt pasta it doesn’t need a lot else

trailmonkey

Cook spaghetti, heat EV olive oil in pan, add handful of sultanas, fry for 1 minute, add pasta and stir it in.

Serve with parmesan.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

My ‘cheats’ carbonara always goes down well, fairly healthy to.

Fry garlic, mushrooms and diced bacon in a big pan or wok, add a handful of baby plum or cherry tomatoes and squish.

Give it 5 mins on a high flame – let some of the sauce caramelise for better colour.

Stir in a small tub of low fat creme fraiche and cooked pasta of your choice. Serve with garlic bread and chilled Soave.

You can even drizzle it with olive oil – from a height of course – if you want to be a bit Jamie Oliver…

😉

tom84
    Free Member

it takes less than ten minutes to make your own pesto (unles you are making yummy roast pepper pesto or whatever.) a very fresh summery one might go like this:

lime/lemon juice
    big juicy chilli
    pine nuts (put em under the grill first or not)
    parmesan
    spinach, say, a big hand full
    nearly all of a supermarket pot of basil
    loads of good olive oil
    loads of pep, salt
    blend, toss (!), eat

or you can add, parseley, olives, peppers, garlic/roast garlic, etc etc and sometimes depending on how acid/cheesey the mix is i like to fold in a serving spoon of yogurt

always toss the pasta and the sauce together, don’t do that classic lump of something on top of a white mountain of pasta thing

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti – Member

No cream, not ever.
    I agree – if it has cream in it, it’s an al crema. Granted some recipes do use cream but I think they are inferior.

The best carbonara I ever had was in Morzine – complete with a raw egg yolk still in the shell sat atop the pasta for me to pour over.

My ‘cheats’ carbonara always goes down well, fairly healthy to.

Fry garlic, mushrooms and diced bacon in a big pan or wok, add a handful of baby plum or cherry tomatoes and squish
    Tomatoes? In a carbonara?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Tomatoes? In a carbonara?

It’s my own interpretation. It’s more tastier and a nicer colour. No egg either, so it’s not really carbonara. Hence “Cheat’s”. This forum should have black-balled you when you gave us the chance… 🙄

tonyd

Tuna surprise!

I usually throw in whatever is left in the fridge/cupboard, usually a base of garlic, mushrooms, peppers, onion, broccoli, tinned (chopped) tomatoes, then add some meat. Current favorite is chicken and chorizo.

Gently fry onion and garlic in some olive oil, add the chicken and chorizo and fry til the chicken is sealed/browning – don’t use too much oil as you’ll get some more fat from the chorizo along with lovely paprika flavours. Throw in the mushrooms and pepper for a couple of minutes then add the tinned toms and bring almost to the boil. Finally add the broccoli and leave it all to simmer for 20 mins or so while the pasta cooks.

Once the pasta is done, drain it, toss it in with everything else and give it a good stir. Dish up into a bowl and top it with some parmesan. Lovely! Cook lots and keep in the fridge for post ride.

Alternatively stop at the kebab shop on the way home.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

This forum should have black-balled you when you gave us the chance…

Too late chump 😉

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Boil pasta, drain, stir in good quality fresh green pesto, grind black pepper over the top, nom.

murderburgh
    Free Member
    bagpuss72
    Free Member

Roast tonnes of different veggies (garlic too if you’re not bothered about an after ride snog :P) when you have more time and then freeze then in freezer bags, defrost in microwave if you forget to get it out in the morning, mix with your cooked pasta, very healthy and very quick if you do the prep work another time…

Jobs a good ‘un

soobalias
    Free Member

how quick do you want

cook pasta
    stir in marmite

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Veggie Pasta Arrabiata

Boil Pasta for 9mins whilst frying off Onion, Garlic, Pepper, Mushrooms and Chilli’s (I use two).
    Drain Pasta add to pan. Also add chopped cabbage and Kidney Beams and Passata Sauce (bought or homemade) Stir and season along with 1 tea spoon of mild chilli power, cover and place in oven for 10 – 15 mins, stir half may through.
    Remove from oven and add corriander.

Not quick but very tastey. 🙂

ericemel
    Free Member

nice olive oil and flaked salt.

Job done. For some reason my girlfriend go nuts for that.

fubar
    Free Member

fried onions, garlic, mushrooms
    butter beans
    tinned tomatoes

p.s. butter beans are brill

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Quick pasta recipes…’ is closed to new replies.